Old 01-12-2008, 02:32 AM
"Mark Bidewell"

Default F8 + rawhide in Qemu

I installed F8 in Qemu in order to test rawhide.* However, after I updated recently* I no longer have network connectivity (the NIC is gone).* Have any of you run into this issue?

Mark Bidewell

Old 01-12-2008, 04:50 AM
Michael Schwendt

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 19:32:04 -0800, Mark Bidewell wrote:

> I installed F8 in Qemu in order to test rawhide. However, after I updated
> recently I no longer have network connectivity (the NIC is gone). Have any
> of you run into this issue?

Yes, here the interface config scripts all got renamed to *.bak, so
temporarily I needed to "ifup eth1.bak" until I fixed the filenames.

Old 01-12-2008, 04:54 AM
Kevin Kofler

Mark Bidewell <mark.bidewell <at> alumni.clemson.edu> writes:
> I installed F8 in Qemu in order to test rawhide.* However, after I updated
> recently* I no longer have network connectivity (the NIC is gone).* Have any
> of you run into this issue?

If you upgraded the host from F7 to F8, you have to reconfigure the network in
your guest image, the default emulated NIC in QEMU has changed from ne2k_pci to
rtl8139 in Fedora 8 and later. According to the changelog, this was changed
because rtl8139 supports linkstate reporting.

Alternatively, you can explicitly tell QEMU on the command line to emulate an
ne2k_pci network card.

Kevin Kofler

Old 01-12-2008, 07:47 PM
"Mark Bidewell"