Old 04-07-2010, 12:32 PM
"Damian Brasher"

Default Two new applications to package and add to Fedora

Hi List

I'm new to this list, a brief intro - I currently work for the University
of Southampton (ECS) as a systems administrator / programmer and also
run my small development company, Interlinux Ltd. See LinkedIn
http://www.linkedin.com/in/dbrasher

'to the chase:

I have coded two projects (beta1 and beta2) that I would like to package
and add to Fedora (extras?). I hope this archive this over several weeks
and I (my company) will be the long-term maintainer.

1) DIASER (2005-2010) - Long-term geo-redundancy archiving software [for
the cloud] written in Perl.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dspaceinvadors/

2) DSI (2001-2010) - Pristine (code) Space Invaders clone written in C and
recently revived for fun and to support DIASER.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dspaceinvadors/

Where do I start?

TIA - Damian

--
Damian L Brasher BSc(Open) RHCE MBCS
e: dbrasher@interlinux.co.uk

believed to be clean.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:34 PM
"Damian Brasher"

https://sourceforge.net/projects/diaser/

Old 04-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Rahul Sundaram

On 04/07/2010 06:02 PM, Damian Brasher wrote:
> I have coded two projects (beta1 and beta2) that I would like to package
> and add to Fedora (extras?).

There is no "extras" repository since Fedora 7 release.

> I hope this archive this over several weeks
> and I (my company) will be the long-term maintainer.
>
> 1) DIASER (2005-2010) - Long-term geo-redundancy archiving software [for
> the cloud] written in Perl.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/dspaceinvadors/
>
> 2) DSI (2001-2010) - Pristine (code) Space Invaders clone written in C and
> recently revived for fun and to support DIASER.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/dspaceinvadors/
>
> Where do I start?

Here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers

If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Rahul

Old 04-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Stephen Gallagher

Old 04-07-2010, 05:17 PM
"Damian Brasher"

Stephen Gallagher wrote:

> On 04/07/2010 08:32 AM, Damian Brasher wrote:
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/dspaceinvadors/

My mistake

https://sourceforge.net/projects/diaser/

not dspaceinvaders for both

>> 2) DSI (2001-2010) - Pristine (code) Space Invaders clone written in C
>> and
>> recently revived for fun and to support DIASER.
>>
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/dspaceinvadors/
>>
>> Where do I start?

> Follow the package review process for Fedora described here:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_Review_Process

Okay

> Welcome to Fedora!

Cheers

believed to be clean.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:21 PM
"Damian Brasher"

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> On 04/07/2010 06:02 PM, Damian Brasher wrote:
>> I have coded two projects (beta1 and beta2) that I would like to package
>> and add to Fedora (extras?).
>
> There is no "extras" repository since Fedora 7 release.

Thought not, was thinking equivalent of.

>> 1) DIASER (2005-2010) - Long-term geo-redundancy archiving software [for
>> the cloud] written in Perl.
>>
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/dspaceinvadors/

My mistake,

http://sourceforge.net/projects/diaser/

not dspaceinvaders for both

>> Where do I start?
>
> Here:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers
>
> If you have questions, feel free to ask.
>
> Rahul

Thank you, I will,

Damian

believed to be clean.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Hans de Goede

Hi,

On 04/07/2010 02:34 PM, Damian Brasher wrote:
> Hi List
>
> I'm new to this list, a brief intro - I currently work for the University
> of Southampton (ECS) as a systems administrator / programmer and also run
> my small development company, Interlinux Ltd. See LinkedIn
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/dbrasher
>
> 'to the chase:
>
> I have coded two projects (beta1 and beta2) that I would like to package
> and add to Fedora (extras?). I hope this archive this over several weeks
> and I (my company) will be the long-term maintainer.
>
> 1) DIASER (2005-2010) - Long-term geo-redundancy archiving software [for
> the cloud] written in Perl.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/diaser/
>
> 2) DSI (2001-2010) - Pristine (code) Space Invaders clone written in C and
> recently revived for fun and to support DIASER.

You will want to rename that, at least for Fedora, but since you are upstream
you may want to give it a different name upstream too, see:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Trademarks_in_Summary_or_Description

Regards,

Hans