Old 04-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Liang Suilong

Default Talking about live upgrade

Hi, all
Several days ago, I wrote an article about upgrading. Many users meets the same problem. Also*Casey Dahlin gives me a lot of advices. Maybe devel list is fit for a border discuss about upgrade experience. Will Live upgrade replace preupgrade?*

Now we can not get access to my blog because of censorship in China. I will solve it in several days. Please wait for moments.*

I paste my article at Fpaste: *http://fpaste.org/tTLC/

Thank you

--
Fedora && Debian User, former Ubuntu User
My Page: http://www.liangsuilong.info

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Liangsuilong

Old 04-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Colin Walters

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 8:21 AM, Liang Suilong <liangsuilong@gmail.com> wrote:
> Will Live upgrade
> replace preupgrade?

No.

It's much less engineering work to fix the few bugs preupgrade has
than to make "live" upgrade reliable.