Old 04-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Adam Williamson

Default urgent testing call: F13 kernel-2.6.33.1-24.fc13

Hi, everyone. We're looking at pulling kernel-2.6.33.1-24.fc13 into
Fedora 13 Beta, quite late, because current Beta candidate builds
include kernel-2.6.33.1-19.fc13 which is known to include a severe bug
that breaks boot on systems with Broadcom wired ethernet adapters
supported by the b44 module.

However, -24 has other changes from -19, including to the nouveau
(NVIDIA graphics) and iwlwifi (Intel wifi) drivers. We really need as
many people as possible to test kernel -24, which you can get at
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=164598 , and
confirm that it works okay on your systems.

To install it, use 'rpm -ivh' for the kernel and -devel packages. If you
have kernel-headers installed, 'rpm -Uvh' that first. Then reboot to the
kernel and check that it boots up okay. Please reply to this thread with
your results. Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey