Old 04-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Ilyes Gouta

Default Intel's SU4100 support on Fedora 12

Hi,

I own a laptop which has an Intel SU4100
(http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=43568), a dual core CPU and has
4 Gb of RAM. The Fedora 12 install DVD, picks up the PAE kernel for my
machine while I expected a SMP, PAE enabled kernel instead. Is it
possible to manually select such a kernel, during an install? Is it
possible to change the "kernel configuration" so that the next yum
update picks up the SMP enabled one?

-Ilyes Gouta

Old 04-05-2010, 11:43 AM
drago01

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Ilyes Gouta <ilyes.gouta@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I own a laptop which has an Intel SU4100
> (http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=43568), a dual core CPU and has
> 4 Gb of RAM. The Fedora 12 install DVD, picks up the PAE kernel for my
> machine while I expected a SMP, PAE enabled kernel instead. Is it
> possible to manually select such a kernel, during an install? Is it
> possible to change the "kernel configuration" so that the next yum
> update picks up the SMP enabled one?

We don't ship separate UP/SMP kernel anymore (and have not for a
while), it is detected at runtime.

Also for this system I recommend using x86_64.

P.S: This is off topic on this list btw. you should ask such question
on the fedora-list rather than fedora-devel-list.