FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Julian Sikorski
 
Default non-responsive maintainer: thomasvs

Dear all,

it seems like thomasvs became unresponsive. I have filed a bug asking
about python-twisted update [1] on 6th of February. It was then duped by
a similar bug [2] on 23rd of March. I have also emailed Thomas on 26th
of March. None of the queries met any response. Should I initiate the
non-responsive maintainer process?

Regards,
Julian

[1] https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=562379
[2] https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=572372

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Felix Kaechele
 
Default non-responsive maintainer: thomasvs

I talked to him on IRC three days ago and he accepted one of my bugs I
filed at morituri's (a cd ripping tool of his, best there is) bugtracker.

Maybe ping him on IRC. His nick is thomasvs.

Felix
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Julian Sikorski
 
Default non-responsive maintainer: thomasvs

W dniu 03.04.2010 20:52, Felix Kaechele pisze:
> I talked to him on IRC three days ago and he accepted one of my bugs I
> filed at morituri's (a cd ripping tool of his, best there is) bugtracker.
>
> Maybe ping him on IRC. His nick is thomasvs.
>
> Felix
I tried a couple of times, but we seem to miss one another. Does anyone
know another way to contact Thomas?

Julian

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Julian Sikorski
 
Default non-responsive maintainer: thomasvs

W dniu 03.04.2010 20:52, Felix Kaechele pisze:
> I talked to him on IRC three days ago and he accepted one of my bugs I
> filed at morituri's (a cd ripping tool of his, best there is) bugtracker.
>
> Maybe ping him on IRC. His nick is thomasvs.
>
> Felix
Maybe Thomas is still active as a morituri upstream, but a quick look
through the bugzilla seems to indicate that he has not posted a single
comment since October. He filed his last koji build request on 15th
November, though - flumotion 0.6.1-1.
Do I have to take over Thomas' packages if they get orphaned? I'm not
sure I understand the process correctly.
Thomas, if you can read this, please respond.

Julian


--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-05-2010, 07:27 AM
Thomas Janssen
 
Default non-responsive maintainer: thomasvs

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 12:15 AM, Julian Sikorski <belegdol@gmail.com> wrote:
> W dniu 03.04.2010 20:52, Felix Kaechele pisze:
>> I talked to him on IRC three days ago and he accepted one of my bugs I
>> filed at morituri's (a cd ripping tool of his, best there is) bugtracker.
>>
>> Maybe ping him on IRC. His nick is thomasvs.
>>
>> Felix
> Maybe Thomas is still active as a morituri upstream, but a quick look
> through the bugzilla seems to indicate that he has not posted a single
> comment since October. He filed his last koji build request on 15th
> November, though - flumotion 0.6.1-1.
> Do I have to take over Thomas' packages if they get orphaned? I'm not
> sure I understand the process correctly.
> Thomas, if you can read this, please respond.

You don`t have to take the packages over once they`re orphaned. If
you`re the co-maintainer right now, you can take it over, or anyone
who feels comfortable with it.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Thomas Vander Stichele
 
Default non-responsive maintainer: thomasvs

On Sat, 2010-04-03 at 20:10 +0200, Julian Sikorski wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> it seems like thomasvs became unresponsive. I have filed a bug asking
> about python-twisted update [1] on 6th of February. It was then duped by
> a similar bug [2] on 23rd of March. I have also emailed Thomas on 26th
> of March. None of the queries met any response. Should I initiate the
> non-responsive maintainer process?

Hi Julian,

I'm still around, but a direct mail to me is the easiest way to get my
attention (as I suspect is the case for most developers). I saw you did
two weeks ago asking about an update, but that's a different beast then
marking me as unresponsive

I think in general it would be good that when people want to initiate
the non-responsive maintainer process, they first of all mail the person
involved saying so.

For practical reasons contacting me over IRC doesn't always work since
I'm on three different machines regularly, and I only check bugzilla
stuff once a month relying on getting a mail or poke if something is
critical.

As for the issue at hand, Twisted is a complex beast to upgrade and
validate, so I sure could use help there! I see in the bug report you
made a list of current dependendants, we could divide them up and verify
them ?

Thomas

--
I'm alive.
I can tell because of the pain.
--
GStreamer - bringing multimedia to your desktop
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/



--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Julian Sikorski
 
Default non-responsive maintainer: thomasvs

W dniu 06.04.2010 15:56, Thomas Vander Stichele pisze:
> On Sat, 2010-04-03 at 20:10 +0200, Julian Sikorski wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> it seems like thomasvs became unresponsive. I have filed a bug asking
>> about python-twisted update [1] on 6th of February. It was then duped by
>> a similar bug [2] on 23rd of March. I have also emailed Thomas on 26th
>> of March. None of the queries met any response. Should I initiate the
>> non-responsive maintainer process?
>
> Hi Julian,
>
> I'm still around, but a direct mail to me is the easiest way to get my
> attention (as I suspect is the case for most developers). I saw you did
> two weeks ago asking about an update, but that's a different beast then
> marking me as unresponsive
>
> I think in general it would be good that when people want to initiate
> the non-responsive maintainer process, they first of all mail the person
> involved saying so.
>
> For practical reasons contacting me over IRC doesn't always work since
> I'm on three different machines regularly, and I only check bugzilla
> stuff once a month relying on getting a mail or poke if something is
> critical.
>
> As for the issue at hand, Twisted is a complex beast to upgrade and
> validate, so I sure could use help there! I see in the bug report you
> made a list of current dependendants, we could divide them up and verify
> them ?
>
> Thomas
>
Sorry if I acted to quickly, but the lack of response to my email made
me afraid that you might be gone.
Anyway, when it comes to the update, I'm happy to help. The total number
of downstream packages dependent on twisted is 33. Should we expect
breakage? Were there any API changes in twisted?
I think we could start by dividing the list of the packages fifty-fifty,
and check if they work at all. Then, I think it would be a good idea to
bring maintainers into the loop since they actually know what the
packages are supposed to do. The cleaned-up list follows below:

buildbot-0:0.7.12-1.fc12.noarch
cnucnu-0:0-0.3.20100110.fc12.noarch
desktopcouch-0:0.6.3-3.fc12.noarch
elisa-base-0:0.5.35-2.fc12.noarch
elisa-plugins-bad-0:0.5.35-2.fc12.noarch
elisa-plugins-ugly-0:0.5.35-1.fc11.noarch
entertainer-0:0.4.2-7.fc12.noarch
flumotion-0:0.6.1-1.fc12.x86_64
gadget-0:0.0.3-4.fc12.noarch
itaka-0:0.2.2-1.fc12.noarch
jabbim-0:0.5-0.12.svn20091030.fc12.noarch
londonlaw-0:0.2.1-7.fc12.noarch
nwsserver-0:2.0.0-1.fc12.noarch
openxcap-0:1.1.2-1.fc12.noarch
orbited-0:0.7.10-3.fc12.noarch
poker-network-0:1.7.3-3.fc12.noarch
postr-0:0.12.3-8.fc12.x86_64
pyicq-t-0:0.8.1.5-5.fc12.noarch
pyjigdo-0:0.4.0.1-2.fc12.noarch
python-Coherence-0:0.6.4-1.fc12.noarch
python-desktopcouch-0:0.6.3-3.fc12.noarch
python-foolscap-0:0.4.2-3.fc12.noarch
python-gnutls-0:1.1.9-1.fc12.x86_64
python-morbid-0:0.8.7.3-1.fc12.noarch
python-nevow-0:0.9.32-3.fc12.noarch
python-pyrad-0:1.1-3.fc12.noarch
python-sippy-0:1.0.1-1.fc12.noarch
python-wokkel-0:0.6.3-1.fc12.noarch
pyutil-0:1.6.1-4.fc12.noarch
pywbem-0:0.7.0-3.fc12.noarch
rhythmbox-upnp-0:0.12.5-8.fc12.x86_64
supybot-0:0.83.4.1-2.fc12.noarch
telepathy-sunshine-0:0.1.6-1.fc12.noarch

Julian

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Adam Williamson
 
Default non-responsive maintainer: thomasvs

On Tue, 2010-04-06 at 15:56 +0200, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> For practical reasons contacting me over IRC doesn't always work since
> I'm on three different machines regularly, and I only check bugzilla

Have you considered using an IRC bouncer? I set up Bip
(http://bip.t1r.net/ ) a few months back, it's made my
IRC-across-multiple-devices life hugely nicer.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey
IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org
http://www.happyassassin.net

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Till Maas
 
Default non-responsive maintainer: thomasvs

On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 08:53:10PM +0200, Julian Sikorski wrote:

> Anyway, when it comes to the update, I'm happy to help. The total number
> of downstream packages dependent on twisted is 33. Should we expect
> breakage? Were there any API changes in twisted?
> I think we could start by dividing the list of the packages fifty-fifty,
> and check if they work at all. Then, I think it would be a good idea to
> bring maintainers into the loop since they actually know what the
> packages are supposed to do. The cleaned-up list follows below:

> cnucnu-0:0-0.3.20100110.fc12.noarch

Cnucnu does not really use twisted so as long as the python import still
works, nothing will be broken.

Regards
Till
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Gianluca Sforna
 
Default non-responsive maintainer: thomasvs

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 8:53 PM, Julian Sikorski <belegdol@gmail.com> wrote:
> buildbot-0:0.7.12-1.fc12.noarch

I maintain this one; it has a fairly decent set of tests so I should
be able to catch any issue at build time.


--
Gianluca Sforna

http://morefedora.blogspot.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gianlucasforna
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:49 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org