Old 04-01-2010, 12:54 AM
Jesse Keating

Default Fedora 13 Beta Slip 1 week

Despite a heroic effort by developers and testers, we have not been able
to reach Beta release criteria by the time of the Go / No Go meeting.
There are still unresolved bugs and unknown test results. Because of
this we've enacted a 1 week slip of the Beta release date. This does
not mean we will be pulling in a bunch of "nice to have" updates, we
will instead be concentrating only on release blocking issues in order
to produce an RC that achieves Beta release criteria. Promotion of
builds into "stable" for F13 will continue to be extremely targeted
until an RC goes "GOLD".

Because this is the second slip in the Fedora 13 cycle, we have also
decided to bump the rest of our release dates by 1 week. The schedules
will be updated tonight and tomorrow to reflect these new dates.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!

Old 04-01-2010, 07:46 AM
Peter Robinson

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 1:54 AM, Jesse Keating <jkeating@redhat.com> wrote:
> Despite a heroic effort by developers and testers, we have not been able
> to reach Beta release criteria by the time of the Go / No Go meeting.
> There are still unresolved bugs and unknown test results. *Because of
> this we've enacted a 1 week slip of the Beta release date. *This does
> not mean we will be pulling in a bunch of "nice to have" updates, we
> will instead be concentrating only on release blocking issues in order
> to produce an RC that achieves Beta release criteria. *Promotion of
> builds into "stable" for F13 will continue to be extremely targeted
> until an RC goes "GOLD".

I fully agree with not pushing things to stable unless they go towards
stabilising the beta but can we please resume pushes to testing. At
the moment there has been no pushes to testing and not having this for
another week massively eats into the ability of people to test other
not so critical parts of the upcoming release. I'm aware of at least
the final gnome and sugar releases that are awaiting in the wings.

Peter

Old 04-01-2010, 09:14 AM
Mike Chambers

On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 08:46 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:

> I fully agree with not pushing things to stable unless they go towards
> stabilising the beta but can we please resume pushes to testing. At
> the moment there has been no pushes to testing and not having this for
> another week massively eats into the ability of people to test other
> not so critical parts of the upcoming release. I'm aware of at least
> the final gnome and sugar releases that are awaiting in the wings.

Believe Jesse mentioned earlier that due to not knowing what will
disappear from stable when packages are released to testing, wont' be
able to release the masses until he experiments to see what takes place.
After getting RC out the door then might be able to test and see what
happens.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best lil town on Earth!"

Old 04-01-2010, 10:45 AM
Peter Robinson

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Mike Chambers <mike@miketc.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 08:46 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
>
>> I fully agree with not pushing things to stable unless they go towards
>> stabilising the beta but can we please resume pushes to testing. At
>> the moment there has been no pushes to testing and not having this for
>> another week massively eats into the ability of people to test other
>> not so critical parts of the upcoming release. I'm aware of at least
>> the final gnome and sugar releases that are awaiting in the wings.
>
> Believe Jesse mentioned earlier that due to not knowing what will
> disappear from stable when packages are released to testing, wont' be
> able to release the masses until he experiments to see what takes place.
> After getting RC out the door then might be able to test and see what
> happens.

Yes, I'm aware of that but the original proposal for the rolling
rawhide was that -testing would continue to get pushed, and while
there are obviously issues with the technical aspects it seems
unfortunate to lose yet another week of testing of other packages when
there's only about 6 weeks left until release.

Peter

Old 04-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Jesse Keating

On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 08:46 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> I fully agree with not pushing things to stable unless they go towards
> stabilising the beta but can we please resume pushes to testing. At
> the moment there has been no pushes to testing and not having this for
> another week massively eats into the ability of people to test other
> not so critical parts of the upcoming release. I'm aware of at least
> the final gnome and sugar releases that are awaiting in the wings.

I'm trying to get bodhi modified so that we can do pushes to
updates-testing, without having things wind up in the stable branched
repo. Also, we hope to have an accepted RC in the next few days so as
to not have another full week of limited pushes.