Old 03-30-2010, 12:57 PM
Hans de Goede

Default Headsup new soname changing parted coming to rawhide

Hi,

I'm updating parted to the 2.2 release. This is mostly a bugfix
update. But one of the fixes is a change in the soname, the soname
now no longer is in the form of parted-2.x.so, but instead
has become a regular versioned soname.

The positive side of this is that we no longer will need to rebuild
all parted users each time parted gets rebased, as the soname will
now only change when their actually is an ABI break.

The bad news is that we will need to rebuild all parted users
one last time.

Regards,

Hans