FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-23-2010, 03:17 PM
James Laska
 
Default F13Beta OPEN bugs -- need to be by Thu, March 25

Greetings,

The Fedora 13 Beta 'release candidate' compose is scheduled [1] for this
Thursday (Mar 25, 2010). While testing is underway [2] against the Beta
'test compose' milestone, I wanted to remind folks that there are still
OPEN bugs on the F13Beta list [3] that impact the Beta release criteria
[4].

As the bug assignee, please take a moment to ensure your bug is
up-to-date and on target for the Beta release candidate. If you have
concerns about closing these bugs by Thursday, or whether the bug
qualifies as a Beta blocker, please respond to this mail.

= anaconda =
* 539904 MODIFIED (Ales Kozumplik) - UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii'
codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 9: ordinal not in
range(128)
* 569377 ASSIGNED (Peter Jones) - CDROM install unable to eject
disc - storage: error ejecting cdrom sr0: (5, 'Input/output
error')
* 574587 ASSIGNED (Hans de Goede) - Failure to install on Intel
Matrix RAID box when raid level 5 is active
* 574743 NEW (Dave Lehman) - NameError: global name 'request' is
not defined

= gnome-packagekit =
* 567346 ASSIGNED (Richard Hughes) - gpk-update-viewer does not
install updates if there is any dependency issue, and does not
correctly report this

= grub =
* 568106 NEW (Peter Jones) - Unable to enter grub menu in
F-13-Alpha with console=ttyS0

= kernel =
* 533746 MODIFIED (John W. Linville) - Fedora 12 livecd freezes at
udev on Acer Aspire One D250

= libvirt =
* 566425 POST (Cole Robinson) - qemu: could not load kernel
'/var/lib/libvirt/boot/virtinst-vmlinuz.bmav1g': Permission
denied

= pyparted =
* 567576 MODIFIED (David Cantrell) - PartitionException: Could not
get flag on inactive partition /dev/sda-1

= xorg-x11-drv-ati =
* 575882 NEW (X/OpenGL Maintenance List) - shortly after logging
in Displays shutoff

Thanks,
James

[1]
http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-13/f-13-quality-tasks.html
[2]
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Fedora_13_Beta_TC_Test_Results
[3]
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=F13Beta&hide_resolved=1
[4] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_Beta_Release_Criteria

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 03-23-2010, 04:12 PM
Michał Piotrowski
 
Default F13Beta OPEN bugs -- need to be by Thu, March 25

Hi,

2010/3/23 James Laska <jlaska@redhat.com>:
> Greetings,
>
> The Fedora 13 Beta 'release candidate' compose is scheduled [1] for this
> Thursday (Mar 25, 2010). ┬*While testing is underway [2] against the Beta
> 'test compose' milestone, I wanted to remind folks that there are still
> OPEN bugs on the F13Beta list [3] that impact the Beta release criteria
> [4].
>
> As the bug assignee, please take a moment to ensure your bug is
> up-to-date and on target for the Beta release candidate. ┬*If you have
> concerns about closing these bugs by Thursday, or whether the bug
> qualifies as a Beta blocker, please respond to this mail.
>
> = anaconda =
> ┬* ┬* ┬** 539904 MODIFIED (Ales Kozumplik) - UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii'
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 9: ordinal not in
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*range(128)
> ┬* ┬* ┬** 569377 ASSIGNED (Peter Jones) - CDROM install unable to eject
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*disc - storage: error ejecting cdrom sr0: (5, 'Input/output
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*error')
> ┬* ┬* ┬** 574587 ASSIGNED (Hans de Goede) - Failure to install on Intel
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*Matrix RAID box when raid level 5 is active
> ┬* ┬* ┬** 574743 NEW (Dave Lehman) - NameError: global name 'request' is
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*not defined
>
> = gnome-packagekit =
> ┬* ┬* ┬** 567346 ASSIGNED (Richard Hughes) - gpk-update-viewer does not
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*install updates if there is any dependency issue, and does not
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*correctly report this
>
> = grub =
> ┬* ┬* ┬** 568106 NEW (Peter Jones) - Unable to enter grub menu in
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*F-13-Alpha with console=ttyS0
>
> = kernel =
> ┬* ┬* ┬** 533746 MODIFIED (John W. Linville) - Fedora 12 livecd freezes at
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*udev on Acer Aspire One D250
>
> = libvirt =
> ┬* ┬* ┬** 566425 POST (Cole Robinson) - qemu: could not load kernel
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*'/var/lib/libvirt/boot/virtinst-vmlinuz.bmav1g': Permission
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*denied
>
> = pyparted =
> ┬* ┬* ┬** 567576 MODIFIED (David Cantrell) - PartitionException: Could not
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*get flag on inactive partition /dev/sda-1
>
> = xorg-x11-drv-ati =
> ┬* ┬* ┬** 575882 NEW (X/OpenGL Maintenance List) - shortly after logging
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*in Displays shutoff
>
> Thanks,
> James
>
> [1]
> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-13/f-13-quality-tasks.html
> [2]
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Fedora_13_Beta_TC_Test_Results
> [3]
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=F13Beta&hide_resolved=1
> [4] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_Beta_Release_Criteria
>
>

I tried to run a security spin 20100320. It hangs after this fancy
boot screen animation. It might be releated to
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=572243 but I'm not sure if
it's the same problem. Do someone else with intel 965 gpu chip can
test latest and greatest x.org?

Regards,
Michal
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 03-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Cole Robinson
 
Default F13Beta OPEN bugs -- need to be by Thu, March 25

On 03/23/2010 12:17 PM, James Laska wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> The Fedora 13 Beta 'release candidate' compose is scheduled [1] for this
> Thursday (Mar 25, 2010). While testing is underway [2] against the Beta
> 'test compose' milestone, I wanted to remind folks that there are still
> OPEN bugs on the F13Beta list [3] that impact the Beta release criteria
> [4].
>
> As the bug assignee, please take a moment to ensure your bug is
> up-to-date and on target for the Beta release candidate. If you have
> concerns about closing these bugs by Thursday, or whether the bug
> qualifies as a Beta blocker, please respond to this mail.
>

...

>
> = libvirt =
> * 566425 POST (Cole Robinson) - qemu: could not load kernel
> '/var/lib/libvirt/boot/virtinst-vmlinuz.bmav1g': Permission
> denied
>

This should be fixed with the following update:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libvirt-0.7.7-2.fc13

Any testing/karma is appreciated.

Also, do I understand correctly that the only way to get this package
pushed to dist-f13 is through bodhi feedback?

Thanks,
Cole
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 03-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Christoph Wickert
 
Default F13Beta OPEN bugs -- need to be by Thu, March 25

Am Dienstag, den 23.03.2010, 18:12 +0100 schrieb Michał Piotrowski:

> I tried to run a security spin 20100320. It hangs after this fancy
> boot screen animation. It might be releated to
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=572243 but I'm not sure if
> it's the same problem.

I'm pretty sure it's not an X problem but has to do with the login
manager. The ks still configured slim, but slim was replaced by lxdm.

I just fixed this in
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=spin-kickstarts.git;a=commitdiff;h=ad6311931264f48ed10e e52802ebd96f8a33597f

Thanks for the heads-up.

Regards,
Christoph



--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 03-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Michał Piotrowski
 
Default F13Beta OPEN bugs -- need to be by Thu, March 25

2010/3/23 Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert@googlemail.com>:
> Am Dienstag, den 23.03.2010, 18:12 +0100 schrieb Michał Piotrowski:
>
>> I tried to run a security spin 20100320. It hangs after this fancy
>> boot screen animation. It might be releated to
>> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=572243 but I'm not sure if
>> it's the same problem.
>
> I'm pretty sure it's not an X problem but has to do with the login
> manager. The ks still configured slim, but slim was replaced by lxdm.
>
> I just fixed this in
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=spin-kickstarts.git;a=commitdiff;h=ad6311931264f48ed10e e52802ebd96f8a33597f

Thanks!

I will test another iso build.

Regards,
Michal

>
> Thanks for the heads-up.
>
> Regards,
> Christoph
>
>
>
> --
> devel mailing list
> devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 03-23-2010, 06:05 PM
Christoph Wickert
 
Default F13Beta OPEN bugs -- need to be by Thu, March 25

Am Dienstag, den 23.03.2010, 19:55 +0100 schrieb Michał Piotrowski:
> 2010/3/23 Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert@googlemail.com>:
>
> > I just fixed this in
> > http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=spin-kickstarts.git;a=commitdiff;h=ad6311931264f48ed10e e52802ebd96f8a33597f
>
> Thanks!
>
> I will test another iso build.

Please make sure you also have at least selinux-policy-3.6.32-106 or you
have to boot in permissve mode because otherwise selinux blocks LXDM.

> Regards,
> Michal

Regards,
Christoph

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 03-23-2010, 06:07 PM
James Laska
 
Default F13Beta OPEN bugs -- need to be by Thu, March 25

On Tue, 2010-03-23 at 14:32 -0400, Cole Robinson wrote:
> On 03/23/2010 12:17 PM, James Laska wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > The Fedora 13 Beta 'release candidate' compose is scheduled [1] for this
> > Thursday (Mar 25, 2010). While testing is underway [2] against the Beta
> > 'test compose' milestone, I wanted to remind folks that there are still
> > OPEN bugs on the F13Beta list [3] that impact the Beta release criteria
> > [4].
> >
> > As the bug assignee, please take a moment to ensure your bug is
> > up-to-date and on target for the Beta release candidate. If you have
> > concerns about closing these bugs by Thursday, or whether the bug
> > qualifies as a Beta blocker, please respond to this mail.
> >
>
> ...
>
> >
> > = libvirt =
> > * 566425 POST (Cole Robinson) - qemu: could not load kernel
> > '/var/lib/libvirt/boot/virtinst-vmlinuz.bmav1g': Permission
> > denied
> >
>
> This should be fixed with the following update:
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libvirt-0.7.7-2.fc13
>
> Any testing/karma is appreciated.
>
> Also, do I understand correctly that the only way to get this package
> pushed to dist-f13 is through bodhi feedback?

I believe so. Additionally, release engineering will scan F13Beta
blocker bugs that are in MODIFIED and pull in any listed builds when
composing the beta.

Thanks,
James


--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 03-23-2010, 08:32 PM
Adam Williamson
 
Default F13Beta OPEN bugs -- need to be by Thu, March 25

On Tue, 2010-03-23 at 15:07 -0400, James Laska wrote:

> > This should be fixed with the following update:
> >
> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libvirt-0.7.7-2.fc13
> >
> > Any testing/karma is appreciated.
> >
> > Also, do I understand correctly that the only way to get this package
> > pushed to dist-f13 is through bodhi feedback?
>
> I believe so. Additionally, release engineering will scan F13Beta
> blocker bugs that are in MODIFIED and pull in any listed builds when
> composing the beta.

I'm not sure bodhi feedback is significant in this case. libvirt isn't a
critpath package. Usually, up till now, you could push f13 updates
whenever you like, if they're not critpath. So if you can't, I guess
rel-eng put a tighter freeze on the f13 repos for the beta now, and you
need an exception from rel-eng to get it in.

Jesse, am I right, or what's going on?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey
IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org
http://www.happyassassin.net

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 03-23-2010, 11:34 PM
Michał Piotrowski
 
Default F13Beta OPEN bugs -- need to be by Thu, March 25

2010/3/23 James Laska <jlaska@redhat.com>:
> Greetings,
>
> The Fedora 13 Beta 'release candidate' compose is scheduled [1] for this
> Thursday (Mar 25, 2010). ┬*While testing is underway [2] against the Beta
> 'test compose' milestone, I wanted to remind folks that there are still
> OPEN bugs on the F13Beta list [3] that impact the Beta release criteria
> [4].
>
> As the bug assignee, please take a moment to ensure your bug is
> up-to-date and on target for the Beta release candidate. ┬*If you have
> concerns about closing these bugs by Thursday, or whether the bug
> qualifies as a Beta blocker, please respond to this mail.
>
> = anaconda =
> ┬* ┬* ┬** 539904 MODIFIED (Ales Kozumplik) - UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii'
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 9: ordinal not in
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*range(128)
> ┬* ┬* ┬** 569377 ASSIGNED (Peter Jones) - CDROM install unable to eject
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*disc - storage: error ejecting cdrom sr0: (5, 'Input/output
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*error')
> ┬* ┬* ┬** 574587 ASSIGNED (Hans de Goede) - Failure to install on Intel
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*Matrix RAID box when raid level 5 is active
> ┬* ┬* ┬** 574743 NEW (Dave Lehman) - NameError: global name 'request' is
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*not defined
>
> = gnome-packagekit =
> ┬* ┬* ┬** 567346 ASSIGNED (Richard Hughes) - gpk-update-viewer does not
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*install updates if there is any dependency issue, and does not
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*correctly report this
>
> = grub =
> ┬* ┬* ┬** 568106 NEW (Peter Jones) - Unable to enter grub menu in
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*F-13-Alpha with console=ttyS0
>
> = kernel =
> ┬* ┬* ┬** 533746 MODIFIED (John W. Linville) - Fedora 12 livecd freezes at
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*udev on Acer Aspire One D250
>
> = libvirt =
> ┬* ┬* ┬** 566425 POST (Cole Robinson) - qemu: could not load kernel
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*'/var/lib/libvirt/boot/virtinst-vmlinuz.bmav1g': Permission
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*denied
>
> = pyparted =
> ┬* ┬* ┬** 567576 MODIFIED (David Cantrell) - PartitionException: Could not
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*get flag on inactive partition /dev/sda-1
>
> = xorg-x11-drv-ati =
> ┬* ┬* ┬** 575882 NEW (X/OpenGL Maintenance List) - shortly after logging
> ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬*in Displays shutoff
>
> Thanks,
> James
>
> [1]
> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-13/f-13-quality-tasks.html
> [2]
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Fedora_13_Beta_TC_Test_Results
> [3]
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=F13Beta&hide_resolved=1
> [4] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_Beta_Release_Criteria
>
>
> --
> devel mailing list
> devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
>

This might be interesting for you - module-init-tools or kernel bug
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=576421

I used a beta test image
http://archive.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/13-Beta.TC1/Fedora/i386/iso/Fedora-13-Beta-i386-netinst.iso

Regards,
Michal
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 03-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Adam Williamson
 
Default F13Beta OPEN bugs -- need to be by Thu, March 25

On Wed, 2010-03-24 at 01:34 +0100, Michał Piotrowski wrote:

> This might be interesting for you - module-init-tools or kernel bug
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=576421
>
> I used a beta test image
> http://archive.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/13-Beta.TC1/Fedora/i386/iso/Fedora-13-Beta-i386-netinst.iso

What hardware do you have? Did you run F12 on it? Thanks.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey
IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org
http://www.happyassassin.net

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:27 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ę2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org