FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-23-2010, 02:18 AM
Steven James Drinnan
 
Default bug no: 552456 E620 not detected - 2nd Request

Hi all,



I am trying to get my k3715 to work in F12 or F13. I have filled this bug report https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=552456 . It reports by dmesg as a E620.



The modem works fine in F11 with no usb_modeswitch. But by default the CD Rom and Memory card a re disabled by default.



In F12 and F13 the option driver reports a callback error of 108. But the CD Rom and Memory card are enabled. I tried usb_modeswitch. but this has no effect.



In searching this seem to be Linux. wide problem across all distributions. And some distributions say that it is fixed. (not confirmed)



See my bug report for more details.



I am just trying to get this long standing problem fixed. Any help that I can be please ask.



Steven Drinnan





--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 03-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Dan Williams
 
Default bug no: 552456 E620 not detected - 2nd Request

On Tue, 2010-03-23 at 11:18 +0800, Steven James Drinnan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to get my k3715 to work in F12 or F13. I have filled this
> bug report https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=552456 . It
> reports by dmesg as a E620.
>
> The modem works fine in F11 with no usb_modeswitch. But by default the
> CD Rom and Memory card a re disabled by default.
>
> In F12 and F13 the option driver reports a callback error of 108. But
> the CD Rom and Memory card are enabled. I tried usb_modeswitch. but
> this has no effect.
>
> In searching this seem to be Linux. wide problem across all
> distributions. And some distributions say that it is fixed. (not
> confirmed)
>
> See my bug report for more details.
>
> I am just trying to get this long standing problem fixed. Any help
> that I can be please ask.

Followed up in the bug; modeswitching is an area that's not completely
mature yet, unfortunately.

Dan


--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-01-2010, 07:53 AM
Richard Zidlicky
 
Default bug no: 552456 E620 not detected - 2nd Request

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 02:27:38AM -0700, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-03-23 at 11:18 +0800, Steven James Drinnan wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am trying to get my k3715 to work in F12 or F13. I have filled this
> > bug report https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=552456 . It
> > reports by dmesg as a E620.
> >
> > The modem works fine in F11 with no usb_modeswitch. But by default the
> > CD Rom and Memory card a re disabled by default.
> >
> > In F12 and F13 the option driver reports a callback error of 108. But
> > the CD Rom and Memory card are enabled. I tried usb_modeswitch. but
> > this has no effect.
> >
> > In searching this seem to be Linux. wide problem across all
> > distributions. And some distributions say that it is fixed. (not
> > confirmed)
> >
> > See my bug report for more details.
> >
> > I am just trying to get this long standing problem fixed. Any help
> > that I can be please ask.
>
> Followed up in the bug; modeswitching is an area that's not completely
> mature yet, unfortunately.

modemswitching should not be needed at all when the CD feature is disabled.

Does the modem work when you start the pppd connection manually?

I have issues with an K3565-Z on F12, not found the time to file a proper
bugreport yet but basically kernel recognioses it and NetworkManager for
some reason does not show the modem at all. Modemswitching is not needed
in my case because I have disabled the CD feature.

Richard
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Dan Williams
 
Default bug no: 552456 E620 not detected - 2nd Request

On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 09:53 +0200, Richard Zidlicky wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 02:27:38AM -0700, Dan Williams wrote:
> > On Tue, 2010-03-23 at 11:18 +0800, Steven James Drinnan wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I am trying to get my k3715 to work in F12 or F13. I have filled this
> > > bug report https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=552456 . It
> > > reports by dmesg as a E620.
> > >
> > > The modem works fine in F11 with no usb_modeswitch. But by default the
> > > CD Rom and Memory card a re disabled by default.
> > >
> > > In F12 and F13 the option driver reports a callback error of 108. But
> > > the CD Rom and Memory card are enabled. I tried usb_modeswitch. but
> > > this has no effect.
> > >
> > > In searching this seem to be Linux. wide problem across all
> > > distributions. And some distributions say that it is fixed. (not
> > > confirmed)
> > >
> > > See my bug report for more details.
> > >
> > > I am just trying to get this long standing problem fixed. Any help
> > > that I can be please ask.
> >
> > Followed up in the bug; modeswitching is an area that's not completely
> > mature yet, unfortunately.
>
> modemswitching should not be needed at all when the CD feature is disabled.
>
> Does the modem work when you start the pppd connection manually?
>
> I have issues with an K3565-Z on F12, not found the time to file a proper
> bugreport yet but basically kernel recognioses it and NetworkManager for
> some reason does not show the modem at all. Modemswitching is not needed
> in my case because I have disabled the CD feature.

If NM doesn't recognize the device, please use the following procedure
to diagnose the issue:

http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager/Debugging

"Debugging NetworkManager 0.8.x 3G connections"

and lets see why modem-manager isnt' finding the device correctly.

Thanks!
Dan


--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:09 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org