Old 01-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Max Spevack

Default Regarding FUDCon's Friday Hackfest

This is kind of amusing.... so the Friday hackfests for FUDCon are at
the "State Club" which is on NCSU's campus. It's a really nice building
with meeting rooms, a very nice lunch that you will partake in, etc.
You'll love it, really.

Turns out though, that there is a "no jeans, no shorts" dress code. So
for all of you hackers -- bring a pair of khakis with you. If you
wanted to wear a polo shirt, that would really knock their socks off.

The actual Saturday FUDCon and Sunday hackfests -- clothing required,
but that is all.

Thanks,
Max

Old 01-11-2008, 01:06 PM
"John W. Linville"

On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 09:41:27AM -0500, Max Spevack wrote:
> This is kind of amusing.... so the Friday hackfests for FUDCon are at
> the "State Club" which is on NCSU's campus. It's a really nice building
> with meeting rooms, a very nice lunch that you will partake in, etc.
> You'll love it, really.
>
> Turns out though, that there is a "no jeans, no shorts" dress code. So
> for all of you hackers -- bring a pair of khakis with you. If you
> wanted to wear a polo shirt, that would really knock their socks off.

Not amusing at all, really. Ridiculous is a better word.

Did this really get sent on Wednesday? The mail headers say Friday,
which is a bit late for notification of a dress policy.

I "only" live 45 miles away -- what about those who traveled much
farther without realizing the need for special attire?

Don't be surprised if you don't see me.

John
--
John W. Linville
linville@redhat.com

Old 01-11-2008, 02:31 PM
"Jon Stanley"

On Jan 11, 2008 9:06 AM, John W. Linville <linville@redhat.com> wrote:

> Did this really get sent on Wednesday? The mail headers say Friday,
> which is a bit late for notification of a dress policy.

Yes, I received it on Wednesday. I agree that today would have been a
little late I'm not going today either, as there's no value that I
could add (and my flight isn't til later this evening) But see
everyone tomorrow!

Old 01-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Jesse Keating

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 09:06:52 -0500
"John W. Linville" <linville@redhat.com> wrote:

> Not amusing at all, really. Ridiculous is a better word.
>
> Did this really get sent on Wednesday? The mail headers say Friday,
> which is a bit late for notification of a dress policy.
>
> I "only" live 45 miles away -- what about those who traveled much
> farther without realizing the need for special attire?
>
> Don't be surprised if you don't see me.

Turns out they didn't enforce this. I'm sitting at the hack fest in my
jeans.

--
Jesse Keating

Old 01-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Jesse Keating

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 10:31:44 -0500
"Jon Stanley" <jonstanley@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I received it on Wednesday. I agree that today would have been a
> little late I'm not going today either, as there's no value that I
> could add (and my flight isn't til later this evening) But see
> everyone tomorrow!

We tried to start a bug triage session today... Guess we'll do it
Sunday.

--
Jesse Keating

Old 01-11-2008, 02:47 PM
"Jeffrey Ollie"

On 1/11/08, John W. Linville <linville@redhat.com> wrote:

> Did this really get sent on Wednesday? The mail headers say Friday,
> which is a bit late for notification of a dress policy.

Seems like the message got stuck in a queue at RH for a couple of days:

by listman.util.phx.redhat.com (8.13.1/8.13.1) with ESMTP id
m09EgBSG017436
for <fedora-devel-announce@listman.util.phx.redhat.com>;
Wed, 9 Jan 2008 09:42:12 -0500

Jeff