-   -   Add boot= argument to kernel cmdline when in fips mode (#573178) (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/344120-add-boot-argument-kernel-cmdline-when-fips-mode-573178-a.html)

"Brian C. Lane" 03-19-2010 03:57 PM

Add boot= argument to kernel cmdline when in fips mode (#573178)

Hans de Goede 03-19-2010 05:53 PM

Add boot= argument to kernel cmdline when in fips mode (#573178)

Hi,

On 03/19/2010 05:57 PM, Brian C. Lane wrote:

On 03/19/2010 04:05 AM, Hans de Goede wrote:

+
+ import storage
+ if isinstance(d, storage.devices.NetworkStorageDevice):
+ s = args.append(self.anaconda.network.dracutSetupStrin g(d))
+ if s not in args:
+ args.append(s)

I think this bit should just be:

args.append(self.anaconda.network.dracutSetupStrin g(d))

Oh, good catch, although what it should be is:

+ if isinstance(d, storage.devices.NetworkStorageDevice):
+ s = self.anaconda.network.dracutSetupString(d)
+ if s not in args:
+ args.append(s)

This way we won't get the dracut kernel cmdline arguments for bringing
up the NIC twice, if we somehow need 2 disks connected through the same
network adapter during early boot.

What are your thoughts on imports inside of methods? I see the import
storage was there previously, but in general I like imports at the top
of the module so I can keep track of what gets used and what's already
available for the module as a whole. Python will only evaluate the
import once, but it seems inefficient to have it inside a loop like that.

Normally I prefer imports at the top too, but iirc it was done this way
because otherwise things would not work due to an import loop.

Thanks for the review!

Regards,

Hans

Hans de Goede 03-19-2010 05:55 PM

Add boot= argument to kernel cmdline when in fips mode (#573178)

Hi,

+ if isinstance(d, storage.devices.NetworkStorageDevice):
+ s = args.append(self.anaconda.network.dracutSetupStrin g(d))
+ if s not in args:
+ args.append(s)

I think this bit should just be:

args.append(self.anaconda.network.dracutSetupStrin g(d))

p.s.

This is fixed in my local tree now.

Regards,

Hans