Old 03-19-2010, 02:50 PM
Jon Ciesla

Default Bodhi error?

ServerError(https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/barrage/Fedora/13,
500, Unknown HTTP Server Response)

This is while creating an update.

-J

--
in your fear, seek only peace
in your fear, seek only love

-d. bowie

Old 03-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Ville Skyttä

On Friday 19 March 2010, Jon Ciesla wrote:
> ServerError(https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/barrage/Fedora/
> 13, 500, Unknown HTTP Server Response)
>
> This is while creating an update.

I got that earlier today too, when the "close bugs" checkbox was ticked. I
managed to submit the same update after unticking it.

Old 03-19-2010, 05:24 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 06:47:44PM +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Friday 19 March 2010, Jon Ciesla wrote:
> > ServerError(https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/barrage/Fedora/
> > 13, 500, Unknown HTTP Server Response)
> >
> > This is while creating an update.
>
> I got that earlier today too, when the "close bugs" checkbox was ticked. I
> managed to submit the same update after unticking it.

I think this is a transient error from packagedb -- if it's repeatable, it's
something I can take a look at and hopefully fix quickly. Also -- I have
just deployed a new version of packagedb that fixes one of the sources of
transient failures. It's possible that it will fix this.

Please let me know if you can get this repeatedly or if it seems to have
gone away.

-Toshio

Old 03-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Luke Macken

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 06:47:44PM +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Friday 19 March 2010, Jon Ciesla wrote:
> > ServerError(https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/barrage/Fedora/
> > 13, 500, Unknown HTTP Server Response)
> >
> > This is while creating an update.
>
> I got that earlier today too, when the "close bugs" checkbox was ticked. I
> managed to submit the same update after unticking it.

If you try again, it will most likely work.

These sporadic errors are probably due to the FAS identity provider/
visit manager that our TurboGears apps use. However, the pkgdb isn't
logging tracebacks properly, so we really don't know exactly where
it is coming from, though I assume it's pycurl throwing an error while
trying to connect to FAS.

luke

Old 03-19-2010, 05:36 PM
Jon Ciesla

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 06:47:44PM +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:
>
>> On Friday 19 March 2010, Jon Ciesla wrote:
>>
>>> ServerError(https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/barrage/Fedora/
>>> 13, 500, Unknown HTTP Server Response)
>>>
>>> This is while creating an update.
>>>
>> I got that earlier today too, when the "close bugs" checkbox was ticked. I
>> managed to submit the same update after unticking it.
>>

> I think this is a transient error from packagedb -- if it's repeatable, it's
> something I can take a look at and hopefully fix quickly. Also -- I have
> just deployed a new version of packagedb that fixes one of the sources of
> transient failures. It's possible that it will fix this.
>
> Please let me know if you can get this repeatedly or if it seems to have
> gone away.
>
> -Toshio

I will, thanks!

-J

--
in your fear, seek only peace
in your fear, seek only love

-d. bowie

Old 03-19-2010, 05:37 PM
Jon Ciesla

Luke Macken wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 06:47:44PM +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:
>
>> On Friday 19 March 2010, Jon Ciesla wrote:
>>
>>> ServerError(https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/barrage/Fedora/
>>> 13, 500, Unknown HTTP Server Response)
>>>
>>> This is while creating an update.
>>>
>> I got that earlier today too, when the "close bugs" checkbox was ticked. I
>> managed to submit the same update after unticking it.
>>

> If you try again, it will most likely work.
>
> These sporadic errors are probably due to the FAS identity provider/
> visit manager that our TurboGears apps use. However, the pkgdb isn't
> logging tracebacks properly, so we really don't know exactly where
> it is coming from, though I assume it's pycurl throwing an error while
> trying to connect to FAS.
>
> luke

I already submitted mine without the box checked, but I'll keep an eye
out. Thanks!

-J

--
in your fear, seek only peace
in your fear, seek only love

-d. bowie

Old 03-19-2010, 08:25 PM
Ville Skyttä

On Friday 19 March 2010, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 06:47:44PM +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > On Friday 19 March 2010, Jon Ciesla wrote:
> > > ServerError(https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/barrage/Fed
> > > ora/ 13, 500, Unknown HTTP Server Response)
> > >
> > > This is while creating an update.
> >
> > I got that earlier today too, when the "close bugs" checkbox was ticked.
> > I managed to submit the same update after unticking it.
>
> I think this is a transient error from packagedb -- if it's repeatable,
> it's something I can take a look at and hopefully fix quickly. Also -- I
> have just deployed a new version of packagedb that fixes one of the
> sources of transient failures. It's possible that it will fix this.
>
> Please let me know if you can get this repeatedly or if it seems to have
> gone away.

I just managed to submit another update with close bugs checked, so maybe that
wasn't it or it was fixed. Thanks in any case

Old 03-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Jon Ciesla

Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Friday 19 March 2010, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

>>> I got that earlier today too, when the "close bugs" checkbox was ticked.
>>> I managed to submit the same update after unticking it.
>>>
>> I think this is a transient error from packagedb -- if it's repeatable,
>> it's something I can take a look at and hopefully fix quickly. Also -- I
>> have just deployed a new version of packagedb that fixes one of the
>> sources of transient failures. It's possible that it will fix this.
>>
>> Please let me know if you can get this repeatedly or if it seems to have
>> gone away.
>>

> I just managed to submit another update with close bugs checked, so maybe that
> wasn't it or it was fixed. Thanks in any case

So did I.

-J

--
in your fear, seek only peace