-   -   Debugging printing problems (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/343647-debugging-printing-problems.html)

Orcan Ogetbil 03-18-2010 05:15 PM

Debugging printing problems

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Tim Waugh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been meaning to expand the wiki page about debugging printing
> problems for a long time. *I finally got round to it today:
> *https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_printing_problems

This is really useful information.

However, considering that about half of our users don't use Gnome, the
references to menu entries should indicate that those are from the
"Gnome menu", not just from the "main menu". It would even be better
if you add the corresponding KDE menu paths. I am not saying this to
start another *DE war but to make the document more applicable.

Thanks,
Orcan

Adam Williamson 03-18-2010 06:24 PM

On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 17:43 +0000, Tim Waugh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been meaning to expand the wiki page about debugging printing
> problems for a long time. I finally got round to it today:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_printing_problems
>
> Tim.

Thanks a lot for that, Tim! It's great to have those pages updated and
expanded. As always, if anyone wants to update any of the existing
'How_to_debug' pages - see
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Debugging for a list - or create
a new one (please add it to that category if you do) - that's much
appreciated.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Louis Lagendijk 03-18-2010 07:37 PM

Debugging printing problems

On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 17:43 +0000, Tim Waugh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been meaning to expand the wiki page about debugging printing
> problems for a long time. I finally got round to it today:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_printing_problems
>
> Tim.
> */

hi tim
great info indeed. Maybe you could consider adding info on the bjnp
backend (for Canon's proprietary network (usb-over-ip) protocol:

bjnp is for Canon's proprietary bjnp network protocol (usually port
8611)

The bjp backend is available in the cups-bjnp package

Louis

Tim Waugh 03-19-2010 03:05 PM

On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 21:37 +0100, Louis Lagendijk wrote:
> great info indeed. Maybe you could consider adding info on the bjnp
> backend (for Canon's proprietary network (usb-over-ip) protocol:
>
> bjnp is for Canon's proprietary bjnp network protocol (usually port
> 8611)
>
> The bjp backend is available in the cups-bjnp package

Feel free to edit the wiki, although perhaps that ought to go on the
main Printing page. I've added it there now:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Printing

Tim.
*/