Old 03-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Gergely Buday

Default main problems of fedora?

Hi there,

is there a list of known deficiencies of fedora - I mean those which
can be cured by developing new software, rather than fixing bugs? Or,
if such list does not exist, can you name a few missing item from
fedora? Think of relatively small would-be software, without a GUI.

- Gergely

Old 03-17-2010, 05:36 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 19:32:06 +0100,
Gergely Buday <gbuday@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> is there a list of known deficiencies of fedora - I mean those which
> can be cured by developing new software, rather than fixing bugs? Or,
> if such list does not exist, can you name a few missing item from
> fedora? Think of relatively small would-be software, without a GUI.

I don't think there is any global list of such things. Various SIGs may have
wish lists.

Can you explain more about why you want such a list?

Old 03-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Mike McGrath

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010, Gergely Buday wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> is there a list of known deficiencies of fedora - I mean those which
> can be cured by developing new software, rather than fixing bugs? Or,
> if such list does not exist, can you name a few missing item from
> fedora? Think of relatively small would-be software, without a GUI.

One of the new initatives in Fedora is called Fedora Engineering Services
- http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Engineering_Services

If you're a fast learner who just wants to work on various technical and
other issues but don't care what, sign up. We can always use more help.

-Mike

Old 03-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Jose Mathew Manimala

On 3/18/2010 12:10 AM, Mike McGrath wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Mar 2010, Gergely Buday wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> is there a list of known deficiencies of fedora - I mean those which
>> can be cured by developing new software, rather than fixing bugs? Or,
>> if such list does not exist, can you name a few missing item from
>> fedora? Think of relatively small would-be software, without a GUI.
>>

> One of the new initatives in Fedora is called Fedora Engineering Services
> - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Engineering_Services
>
> If you're a fast learner who just wants to work on various technical and
> other issues but don't care what, sign up. We can always use more help.
>
> -Mike

Wow... this is the kind of work I was looking for... Can I sign up?

--
Kind Regards
Jose M Manimala

Old 03-17-2010, 06:01 PM
Seth Vidal

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010, Jose Mathew Manimala wrote:

> On 3/18/2010 12:10 AM, Mike McGrath wrote:
>> On Wed, 17 Mar 2010, Gergely Buday wrote:
>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> is there a list of known deficiencies of fedora - I mean those which
>>> can be cured by developing new software, rather than fixing bugs? Or,
>>> if such list does not exist, can you name a few missing item from
>>> fedora? Think of relatively small would-be software, without a GUI.
>>>

>> One of the new initatives in Fedora is called Fedora Engineering Services
>> - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Engineering_Services
>>
>> If you're a fast learner who just wants to work on various technical and
>> other issues but don't care what, sign up. We can always use more help.
>>
>> -Mike
>
> Wow... this is the kind of work I was looking for... Can I sign up?

please!

-sv