FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-13-2010, 11:56 PM
Hicham Haouari
 
Default Adding two packages to comps

Hi Everybody,

I want to add two packages to comps in F-13 and devel:
- ueagle-atm4-firmware to hardware-support group as default
- linux-atm to dial-up group as default

Is there any objection to this ?


Best Regards

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 03-14-2010, 12:52 AM
Rex Dieter
 
Default Adding two packages to comps

Hicham Haouari wrote:

> I want to add two packages to comps in F-13 and devel:
> - ueagle-atm4-firmware to hardware-support group as default
> - linux-atm to dial-up group as default

The justification(s) for this... are?

-- Rex


--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 03-14-2010, 07:02 AM
drago01
 
Default Adding two packages to comps

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 2:52 AM, Rex Dieter <rdieter@math.unl.edu> wrote:
> Hicham Haouari wrote:
>
>> I want to add two packages to comps in F-13 and devel:
>> - ueagle-atm4-firmware to hardware-support group as default
>> - linux-atm to dial-up group as default
>
> The justification(s) for this... are?

Out of the box (tm) hardware support?
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 03-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Hicham Haouari
 
Default Adding two packages to comps

Hi Rex,

- ueagle-atm4-firmware, is a firmware for ADSL USB Modems used by a lot of countries in Europe and Africa; adding it to the livecd and installation dvd will make installation easier for those people.

- linux-atm is used in conjunction with that firmware to establish an internet connection using those modems. Well, i don't think that we are are supposed to grab packages from elsewhere to insure an internet connection while we are on a livecd.


I hope those are valid reasons.

Best Regards.

Hicham

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 03-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Matěj Cepl
 
Default Adding two packages to comps

Dne 14.3.2010 01:56, Hicham Haouari napsal(a):
> I want to add two packages to comps in F-13 and devel:
> - ueagle-atm4-firmware to hardware-support group as default
> - linux-atm to dial-up group as default

And both of the are in agreement with our licensing policies, right?
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/LicensingGuidelines

--
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/, Jabber: mcepl<at>ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB 25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for
support, rather than illumination.
-- Andrew Lang

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 03-15-2010, 03:11 PM
"Tom "spot" Callaway"
 
Default Adding two packages to comps

On 03/15/2010 08:15 AM, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> Dne 14.3.2010 01:56, Hicham Haouari napsal(a):
>> I want to add two packages to comps in F-13 and devel:
>> - ueagle-atm4-firmware to hardware-support group as default
>> - linux-atm to dial-up group as default
>
> And both of the are in agreement with our licensing policies, right?
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/LicensingGuidelines

I cleared the firmware in the first package, at a minimum.

~spot

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 03-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Bill Nottingham
 
Default Adding two packages to comps

Hicham Haouari (hicham.haouari@gmail.com) said:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I want to add two packages to comps in F-13 and devel:
> - ueagle-atm4-firmware to hardware-support group as default

Sure.

> - linux-atm to dial-up group as default

What specific cases does this allow access for that we don't
already cover? I don't see PPPoA there, for example, although
I could be missing something.

Bill
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 03-15-2010, 07:20 PM
Adam Williamson
 
Default Adding two packages to comps

On Sun, 2010-03-14 at 14:31 +0000, Hicham Haouari wrote:
> Hi Rex,
>
> - ueagle-atm4-firmware, is a firmware for ADSL USB Modems used by a
> lot of countries in Europe and Africa; adding it to the livecd and
> installation dvd will make installation easier for those people.

Shouldn't it be in the kernel firmware package, then?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey
IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org
http://www.happyassassin.net

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:55 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org