Old 03-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Rex Dieter

Default can automatic pushes be disabled?

Neal Becker wrote:

> Still trying to sort out coordination of our 2 packages by 2 different
> maintainers that must be kept in sync. Surprise, one was automatically
> pushed to stable due to karma.
>
> Can that feature be selectively disabled?

yes. Make sure the "Enable karma automatism" option is disabled/False.

-- Rex

Old 03-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Kalev Lember

On 03/13/2010 03:57 PM, Neal Becker wrote:
> Still trying to sort out coordination of our 2 packages by 2 different
> maintainers that must be kept in sync. Surprise, one was automatically
> pushed to stable due to karma.
>
> Can that feature be selectively disabled?

In Bodhi web UI there is an option "Enable karma automatism". If you
deselect that, packages won't get automatically pushed to stable when
they reach karma threshold.

An alternative, and in my opinion better approach is to group those two
builds into one update in Bodhi. This way you can keep karma automatism,
but they will get pushed to stable together.

Note that you need to have CVS commit access to both of the packages to
be able to create an update in Bodhi. But if those two packages are so
tightly coupled, this is probably a good idea anyway.

--
Kalev

Old 03-14-2010, 12:41 PM
Neal Becker

Kalev Lember wrote:

> On 03/13/2010 03:57 PM, Neal Becker wrote:
>> Still trying to sort out coordination of our 2 packages by 2 different
>> maintainers that must be kept in sync. Surprise, one was automatically
>> pushed to stable due to karma.
>>
>> Can that feature be selectively disabled?
>
> In Bodhi web UI there is an option "Enable karma automatism". If you
> deselect that, packages won't get automatically pushed to stable when
> they reach karma threshold.
>
> An alternative, and in my opinion better approach is to group those two
> builds into one update in Bodhi. This way you can keep karma automatism,
> but they will get pushed to stable together.

How do I do this?

Old 03-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 09:41:26 -0400, Neal wrote:

> Kalev Lember wrote:
>
> > An alternative, and in my opinion better approach is to group those two
> > builds into one update in Bodhi. This way you can keep karma automatism,
> > but they will get pushed to stable together.
> >

> How do I do this?

Pay attention to what's happening on the screen after you add the first
package. You'll notice a field for adding further packages.

Old 03-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Thomas Spura

Am Sonntag, den 14.03.2010, 15:26 +0100 schrieb Michael Schwendt:
> On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 09:41:26 -0400, Neal wrote:
>
> > Kalev Lember wrote:
> >
> > > An alternative, and in my opinion better approach is to group those two
> > > builds into one update in Bodhi. This way you can keep karma automatism,
> > > but they will get pushed to stable together.
> > >

> > How do I do this?
>
> Pay attention to what's happening on the screen after you add the first
> package. You'll notice a field for adding further packages.

Hmm, not when running 'make update' (and I assume Neal did that...).
There is no such field...

You see such a field, when you do an update at:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates