Old 03-12-2010, 09:25 AM
Debarshi Ray

Default gajim: transferring ownership

I would like to transfer ownership of the gajim package to Michal
Schmidt (michich). I am a bit wary of PackageDB transferring not
letting me select the new owner. Could someone please take care of it
or advise what I need to do about this?

I do not want to remain as a co-maintainer.

Thanks,
Debarshi

--
One reason that life is complex is that it has a real part and an
imaginary part.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Jesse Keating

On Fri, 2010-03-12 at 12:25 +0200, Debarshi Ray wrote:
> I would like to transfer ownership of the gajim package to Michal
> Schmidt (michich). I am a bit wary of PackageDB transferring not
> letting me select the new owner. Could someone please take care of it
> or advise what I need to do about this?
>
> I do not want to remain as a co-maintainer.

... are you afraid of some nebulous person stealing ownership if your
package? Why can't you release ownership and ping Michael to pick it
up, or even coordinate a day/time for this to happen?

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!

Old 03-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Till Maas

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 07:55:55AM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-03-12 at 12:25 +0200, Debarshi Ray wrote:
> > I would like to transfer ownership of the gajim package to Michal
> > Schmidt (michich). I am a bit wary of PackageDB transferring not
> > letting me select the new owner. Could someone please take care of it
> > or advise what I need to do about this?
> >
> > I do not want to remain as a co-maintainer.
> >

> ... are you afraid of some nebulous person stealing ownership if your
> package? Why can't you release ownership and ping Michael to pick it
> up, or even coordinate a day/time for this to happen?

This might be already resolved, but not so long ago PackageDB assigned
the package automatically to one of the co-maintainers if the ownership
is released. Since there are two co-maintainers for gajim, there is a
50% chance that the wrong person becomes the new owner.

Regards
Till

Old 03-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Johan Cwiklinski

Hello,

Le 12/03/2010 17:26, Till Maas a écrit :
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 07:55:55AM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 2010-03-12 at 12:25 +0200, Debarshi Ray wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to transfer ownership of the gajim package to Michal
>>> Schmidt (michich). I am a bit wary of PackageDB transferring not
>>> letting me select the new owner. Could someone please take care of it
>>> or advise what I need to do about this?
>>>
>>> I do not want to remain as a co-maintainer.
>>>

>> ... are you afraid of some nebulous person stealing ownership if your
>> package? Why can't you release ownership and ping Michael to pick it
>> up, or even coordinate a day/time for this to happen?
>>
> This might be already resolved, but not so long ago PackageDB assigned
> the package automatically to one of the co-maintainers if the ownership
> is released. Since there are two co-maintainers for gajim, there is a
> 50% chance that the wrong person becomes the new owner.
>
> Regards
> Till

I have retired myself from gajim co-maintaining (I had to do that, no
time to help from a while...).

Regards,
Johan