Old 03-11-2010, 10:29 AM
Thomas Janssen

Default Install fedora-easy-karma by default? (was: Expect more positive bodhi karma / check karma automatism)

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 7:36 PM, Bill Nottingham <notting@redhat.com> wrote:
> Till Maas (opensource@till.name) said:
>> > Also thanks for packaging that immediately -- what about installing it
>> > by default? It's a tiny package and we really do want our users to
>> > provide feedback.
>>
>> I do not mind, if it is installed by default, but I am not sure,
>> whether this is a good idea. Users will still need a FAS account,
>> install packages from updates-testing and know that it exist to use it.
>
> Given that it at the moment requires a FAS account, perhaps having
> it as default in the Fedora packager group is a good first step.
>
> Hey, why don't we register for FAS accounts with firstboot?

Good idea. We could also register FAS accounts within the Fedora-Tour
once it's ready. I think it would be a good place with lots of space
to explain the user what benefits a FAS account has.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium