-   -   Plan for tomorrow's (2010-03-09) FESCo meeting (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/338267-plan-tomorrows-2010-03-09-fesco-meeting.html)

Kevin Fenzi 03-08-2010 10:10 PM

Plan for tomorrow's (2010-03-09) FESCo meeting

Following is the list of topics that will be discussed in the FESCo
meeting tomorrow at 20:00UTC (3pm EST) in #fedora-meeting on
irc.freenode.net.

Followups:

#314 Wordpress bundles libraries

New Business:

- Daylight savings time. Move meeting time or keep the same?
- #349 comps in git - notting
- Proposed Updates Policy Change - mjg59
- Fedora Engineering Services Tickets/Updates.
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-engineering-services/

assigned tickets / status update:

#2 SIGs roundup and pinging - jds2001
#5 Fix broken dependencies - itmarjp
#6 Fix packages that fail to build from source - bruno
#7 spec cleanup task: fix the need for perl (etc) in scriptlets - mmcgrath
#8 Document Fedora as android devel platform - stickster

unassigned tickets:

#4 tool idea: script to evaluate buildroot poisoning
#9 Find a way to deterin active Fedora contributors via FAS scraping

Open Floor

For more complete details, please visit each individual ticket. The
report of the agenda items can be found at
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/report/9

If you would like to add something to this agenda, you can reply to
this e-mail, file a new ticket at https://fedorahosted.org/fesco,
e-mail me directly, or bring it up at the end of the meeting, during
the open floor.

kevin

Michael Schwendt 03-09-2010 09:11 AM

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 16:10:40 -0700, Kevin wrote:

> - Proposed Updates Policy Change - mjg59

So, I'm willing to sacrifice a pawn. If that proposal, in particular the

| Before being added to updates, the package
| must receive a net karma of +3 in Bodhi.

part and/or "a minimum 14 days halt in updates-testing" will be approved
(or supported be FESCo in a different but similar proposal), I will drop
ownership of further packages.

I would see myself confined too much. I would be unable to keep up the
updates quality. Artificial constraints would significantly lower my
motivation, and I would really dislike the occasions when I would prefer
to publish a fix (or a series of fixes) quickly with me being the one to
know how to serve the user community best.

Further, immediate action against these recents threats (sic!), which
plan to confine packagers and provenpackagers further, is that I don't
continue to generate broken deps reports.

MichaƂ Piotrowski 03-09-2010 09:18 AM

2010/3/9 Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@gmail.com>:
> On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 16:10:40 -0700, Kevin wrote:
>
>> - Proposed Updates Policy Change - mjg59
>
> So, I'm willing to sacrifice a pawn. If that proposal, in particular the
>
> | Before being added to updates, the package
> | must receive a net karma of +3 in Bodhi.
>
> part and/or "a minimum 14 days halt in updates-testing"

Ouh... is this also for security fixes?

Regards,
Michal

Till Maas 03-09-2010 09:54 AM

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 11:11:30AM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 16:10:40 -0700, Kevin wrote:
>
> > - Proposed Updates Policy Change - mjg59
>
> So, I'm willing to sacrifice a pawn. If that proposal, in particular the
>
> | Before being added to updates, the package
> | must receive a net karma of +3 in Bodhi.
>
> part and/or "a minimum 14 days halt in updates-testing" will be approved
> (or supported be FESCo in a different but similar proposal), I will drop
> ownership of further packages.

Where is this policy hidden? There is no ticket with a link at in the
FESCo agenda report:
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/report/9

Regards
Till

Toshio Kuratomi 03-09-2010 02:20 PM

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 11:54:29AM +0100, Till Maas wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 11:11:30AM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 16:10:40 -0700, Kevin wrote:
> >
> > > - Proposed Updates Policy Change - mjg59
> >
> > So, I'm willing to sacrifice a pawn. If that proposal, in particular the
> >
> > | Before being added to updates, the package
> > | must receive a net karma of +3 in Bodhi.
> >
> > part and/or "a minimum 14 days halt in updates-testing" will be approved
> > (or supported be FESCo in a different but similar proposal), I will drop
> > ownership of further packages.
>
> Where is this policy hidden? There is no ticket with a link at in the
> FESCo agenda report:
> https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/report/9

There was none -- I've created a ticket with a link to the proposed policy:
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/351

-Toshio