Old 03-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Thomas Janssen

Default Karma threshold for kernel

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 2:00 PM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 01:36:18PM +0100, Thomas Janssen wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>what kind of karma threshold is set for the kernel?
>>
>>The page in bodhi says it has a karma of 9, but if you count it, it's
>>13+ and 10-
>>
>>And the kernel got -5 since it's pushed to stable. Shouldn't that one
>>stay out of stable for now?
>
> 1) Anonymous karma doesn't count towards the karma totals.

Ah, got it, thanks.

> 2) Karma after it goes to stable is good for informational purposes, but it
> will not cause an update to get removed from Stable. *We don't back out updates
> after that are pushed stable except in very rare cases.

Stupid me. I thought it's not yet in stable.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium

Old 03-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Michael Cronenworth

Josh Boyer wrote:
> 2) Karma after it goes to stable is good for informational purposes, but it
> will not cause an update to get removed from Stable. We don't back out updates
> after that are pushed stable except in very rare cases.

I'll ask again:

Why does bodhi accept karma or comments after the stable push has been
made? It just causes email spam. There's one guy who has been submitted
the same bogus comment and negative karma for abrt for the past week. An
abrt update that has long since been pushed. I see it happen every time
for the kernel updates as well.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Josh Boyer

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 08:55:34AM -0600, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
>Josh Boyer wrote:
>> 2) Karma after it goes to stable is good for informational purposes, but it
>> will not cause an update to get removed from Stable. We don't back out updates
>> after that are pushed stable except in very rare cases.
>

>I'll ask again:
>
>Why does bodhi accept karma or comments after the stable push has been
>made? It just causes email spam. There's one guy who has been submitted
>the same bogus comment and negative karma for abrt for the past week. An
>abrt update that has long since been pushed. I see it happen every time
>for the kernel updates as well.

Because nobody has fixed:

https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/ticket/358
https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/ticket/185

Patches for those would be very welcome I think.

josh

Old 03-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 10:07:05 -0500, Josh wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 08:55:34AM -0600, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> >Josh Boyer wrote:
> >> 2) Karma after it goes to stable is good for informational purposes, but it
> >> will not cause an update to get removed from Stable. We don't back out updates
> >> after that are pushed stable except in very rare cases.
> >

> >I'll ask again:
> >
> >Why does bodhi accept karma or comments after the stable push has been
> >made?

Because it can be useful to comment on the testing _all_ previous karma
submitters have done.

Please keep stable update tickets open for further comments.

> It just causes email spam.

Nah. The same way you could consider all bodhi comments "spam". If you
are the first commenter of a popular package, you receive lots of
notifications for all subsequent comments (where sometimes people
even use bodhi to argue about something).

Old 03-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Michael Cronenworth

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Nah. The same way you could consider all bodhi comments "spam". If you
> are the first commenter of a popular package, you receive lots of
> notifications for all subsequent comments (where sometimes people
> even use bodhi to argue about something).

Michael, how is posting:

user@radiopresenter.me.uk (unauthenticated) - 2010-03-08 13:36:44 (karma: 0)
Error Type: <class 'yum.Errors.RepoError'> Error Value: Error getting
repository data for installed, repository not found File :
/usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 3125, in <module>
main() File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line
3122, in
main backend.dispatcher(sys.argv[1:]) File :
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-
packages/packagekit/backend.py, line 710, in dispatcher
self.dispatch_command(args[0], args[1:]) File : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-
packages/packagekit/backend.py, line 657, in dispatch_command
self.update_packages(only_trusted, package_ids) File :
/usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 1948, in
update_packages
signed = self._is_package_repo_signed(pkg) File :
/usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 1437, in
_is_package_repo_signed repo = self.yumbase.repos.getRepo(pkg.repoid)
File : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/yum/repos.py, line 121, in getRepo
'Error getting repository data for $s, repository not found' $ (repoid)

Multiple times a week not considered spam? Really? Posting this prior to
stable pushes is fine -- I never consider it spam. If I could CC you on
some of those updates maybe you would change your opinion.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 13:29:23 -0600, Michael wrote:

> Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > Nah. The same way you could consider all bodhi comments "spam". If you
> > are the first commenter of a popular package, you receive lots of
> > notifications for all subsequent comments (where sometimes people
> > even use bodhi to argue about something).
>
> Michael, how is posting:
>
> user@radiopresenter.me.uk (unauthenticated) - 2010-03-08 13:36:44 (karma: 0)
> Error Type: <class 'yum.Errors.RepoError'> Error Value: Error getting
> repository data for installed, repository not found File :
> /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 3125, in <module>
> main() File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line
> 3122, in
> main backend.dispatcher(sys.argv[1:]) File :
> /usr/lib/python2.6/site-
> packages/packagekit/backend.py, line 710, in dispatcher
> self.dispatch_command(args[0], args[1:]) File : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-
> packages/packagekit/backend.py, line 657, in dispatch_command
> self.update_packages(only_trusted, package_ids) File :
> /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 1948, in
> update_packages
> signed = self._is_package_repo_signed(pkg) File :
> /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 1437, in
> _is_package_repo_signed repo = self.yumbase.repos.getRepo(pkg.repoid)
> File : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/yum/repos.py, line 121, in getRepo
> 'Error getting repository data for $s, repository not found' $ (repoid)
>
> Multiple times a week not considered spam? Really? Posting this prior to
> stable pushes is fine -- I never consider it spam.

It's a clueless user, who abuses bodhi's features to post anonymous
comments. Just turn off that feature, and let people register for either
a Fedora account or a Fedora Bodhi account. Then it would be possible
to take further action.

> If I could CC you on
> some of those updates maybe you would change your opinion.

Are you kidding? It would only influence my opinion about you.
I've been subscribed to enough bodhi tickets before.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 13:29:23 -0600, Michael Cronenworth wrote:

> user@radiopresenter.me.uk (unauthenticated) - 2010-03-08 13:36:44 (karma: 0)
> Error Type: <class 'yum.Errors.RepoError'> Error Value: Error getting
> repository data for installed, repository not found File :
> /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 3125, in <module>
> main() File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line
> 3122, in

You've modified the email address. The correct one is visible in bodhi.
It could be that it really is Paul West who runs radiopresenter.me.uk
I've mailed to his address to ask about these messages.
Has anyone else tried that before?