Old 03-07-2010, 03:33 AM
Rakesh Pandit

Default "Welcome to Fedora" docs/video/audio

Added marketing in cc (probably better place for discussion).

Does it make sense to ship a small pdf (say having a title "Welcome to
Fedora") or if possible a video for users as an introduction to our
distribution ?

If yes, because it makes sense to keep it as small/simple as possible
what should it target to achieve ?

Points out of my head are:
1. New features
2. Availability of options for just updating system for security
fixes, selected enhancements or bugfixes for some applications
3. Ways to get support/help from community - bonding
4. Feedback/reporting failures/or have suggestions etc

Also, how much sense would it make to put a slide show in installer
which highlights features/talk points ?

Rakesh Pandit
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Rakesh
freedom, friends, features, first

Old 03-07-2010, 06:51 AM
Ryan Rix

take a look at http://fedorahosted.org/fedora-tour

--
Ryan Rix

Old 03-07-2010, 07:18 AM
Rakesh Pandit

On 7 March 2010 13:21, Ryan Rix wrote:
[..]

> take a look at http://fedorahosted.org/fedora-tour

Cool, did not knew about it, thanks for pointing out.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:18 AM
Rakesh Pandit

Old 03-07-2010, 07:42 AM
Thomas Janssen

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 9:18 AM, Rakesh Pandit <rakesh.pandit@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7 March 2010 13:21, Ryan Rix wrote:
> [..]
>>
>> take a look at http://fedorahosted.org/fedora-tour
>>

> Cool, did not knew about it, thanks for pointing out.

By the way, thank you very much guys for taking the idea and making
something really useful and awesome out of it!

Kudos!

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium

Old 03-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Nelson Marques

On Sun, 2010-03-07 at 10:03 +0530, Rakesh Pandit wrote:
> Added marketing in cc (probably better place for discussion).
>
> Does it make sense to ship a small pdf (say having a title "Welcome to
> Fedora") or if possible a video for users as an introduction to our
> distribution ?

From my point of view, yes. Maybe not only to ship, but also to share
no social networks, introduction card to new people, geeky stuff to
existent people, etc...