Old 03-06-2010, 11:29 PM
Milos Jakubicek

Default Expect more positive bodhi karma / check karma automatism

On 6.3.2010 23:21, Till Maas wrote:
> Good news everyone,
>
> you can probably expect to receive more positive bodhi karma for your
> updates in the future (or you already got unexpected much), because
> there is now a script called 'fedora-easy-karma'[0], that makes
> providing feedback a lot easier.

Till, great job, thank you!

Also thanks for packaging that immediately -- what about installing it
by default? It's a tiny package and we really do want our users to
provide feedback.

Best,
Milos

Old 03-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Stephen Gallagher

Old 03-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Thomas Spura

Am Dienstag, den 09.03.2010, 07:50 -0500 schrieb Stephen Gallagher:
> On 03/06/2010 05:21 PM, Till Maas wrote:
> > [0] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Easy_Karma
>

> Given the obvious utility of this script, can we get it added to the
> fedora-packager package? It doesn't make a lot of sense to have
> developers downloading a script off a wiki to use this.

This is already in its own package:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/search/fedora-easy-karma

Old 03-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Mike Chambers

On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 14:06 +0100, Thomas Spura wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 09.03.2010, 07:50 -0500 schrieb Stephen Gallagher:
> > On 03/06/2010 05:21 PM, Till Maas wrote:
> > > [0] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Easy_Karma
> >

> > Given the obvious utility of this script, can we get it added to the
> > fedora-packager package? It doesn't make a lot of sense to have
> > developers downloading a script off a wiki to use this.
>
> This is already in its own package:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/search/fedora-easy-karma

Should this script still work if you mirror the updates-testing path and
use your local disk for upgrades? Cause that is what I do and it don't
do nothing for me.

[mike@scrappy Downloads]$ ./fedora-easy-karma.py
Adding en_US to language list
[mike@scrappy Downloads]$

NO menus, or anything. And this only updating partially, or everything
from updates-testing.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best lil town on Earth!"

Old 03-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Till Maas

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 03:42:19PM -0600, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 14:06 +0100, Thomas Spura wrote:
> > >

> > > Given the obvious utility of this script, can we get it added to the
> > > fedora-packager package? It doesn't make a lot of sense to have
> > > developers downloading a script off a wiki to use this.
> >
> > This is already in its own package:
> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/search/fedora-easy-karma
>
> Should this script still work if you mirror the updates-testing path and
> use your local disk for upgrades? Cause that is what I do and it don't
> do nothing for me.

How do you update? Do you use yum or rpm? yum with localupdate?

> [mike@scrappy Downloads]$ ./fedora-easy-karma.py
> Adding en_US to language list
> [mike@scrappy Downloads]$
>
> NO menus, or anything. And this only updating partially, or everything
> from updates-testing.

You need to update packages from updates-testing first and then it's
useful to run it. Please look at the wiki for example output.

Regards
Till

Old 03-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Till Maas

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 07:50:43AM -0500, Stephen Gallagher wrote:

> Given the obvious utility of this script, can we get it added to the
> fedora-packager package? It doesn't make a lot of sense to have
> developers downloading a script off a wiki to use this.

It's (going to be) in the fedora-packager comps group, so yum install
@fedora-packager should install it iirc (after the next comps to repo
sync, if it's not working yet).

Regards
Till

Old 03-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Seth Vidal

On Tue, 9 Mar 2010, Till Maas wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 03:42:19PM -0600, Mike Chambers wrote:

>>> This is already in its own package:
>>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/search/fedora-easy-karma
>>
>> Should this script still work if you mirror the updates-testing path and
>> use your local disk for upgrades? Cause that is what I do and it don't
>> do nothing for me.
>
> How do you update? Do you use yum or rpm? yum with localupdate?

If you know which pkgs you've installed that were from updates-testing you
can run:

yumdb set from_repo updates-testing pkg_name

and that should do it.

-sv

Old 03-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Michael Cronenworth

Till Maas wrote:
> You need to update packages from updates-testing first and then it's
> useful to run it. Please look at the wiki for example output.

Would your script break, say, if he was using the bodhi-client from
updates-testing that is broken?

Old 03-09-2010, 11:00 PM
Mike Chambers

On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 17:19 -0500, Seth Vidal wrote:

> If you know which pkgs you've installed that were from updates-testing you
> can run:
>

> yumdb set from_repo updates-testing pkg_name
>
> and that should do it.

Yes, that fixed it. So the name has to be "updates-testing" in the repo
for it to work. Guess I can see how that would be the case, unless it
checked the packages and compared to the repo on the internet or
something, but that would take way too long.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best lil town on Earth!"

Old 03-10-2010, 08:49 AM
Till Maas

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 04:51:52PM -0600, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Till Maas wrote:
> > You need to update packages from updates-testing first and then it's
> > useful to run it. Please look at the wiki for example output.
>
> Would your script break, say, if he was using the bodhi-client from
> updates-testing that is broken?

fedora-easy-karma does not use bodhi-client, but fedora-python, which
contains a python module for bodhi, that is also used by the
bodhi-client script.

Regards
Till