Old 03-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Paulo Cavalcanti

Default gcc internal error on F13

I am trying to build a package on F13, and got a gcc internal error:

I have no idea how to proceed ....
The package builds just fine on F12, F11 and F10.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ

Old 03-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Jens Maucher

What shows the build.log?

-- J

jensm@fedoraproject.org
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JensMaucher

Old 03-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Sam Varshavchik

Paulo Cavalcanti writes:

HTML content follows
I am trying to build a package on F13, and got a gcc internal error:

<URL:http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2034791>http://koji
.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2034791

I have no idea how to proceed ....

Create a bug against gcc. Given that the bug is preventing a package build,
it should be a high priority bug to fix.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Jakub Jelinek

On Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 08:44:13AM -0500, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Paulo Cavalcanti writes:
>
> > HTML content follows
> >I am trying to build a package on F13, and got a gcc internal error:
> >

> ><URL:http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2034791>http://koji
> >.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2034791
> >

> >I have no idea how to proceed ....
>
> Create a bug against gcc. Given that the bug is preventing a package
> build, it should be a high priority bug to fix.

Well, in this case it is not clear whether it is a gcc bug. gcc was OOM killed
by the kernel, whether it is a gcc bug or not depends on whether gcc uses
way too much memory compared to how complicated/large the source is.
The OOM could be very well caused by some other memory demanding build going
on at the same time on the same build box. So, first try to build it again,
and only if it fails on the same file again, preprare a preprocessed source
and file a bug against gcc.

Jakub

Old 03-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Paulo Cavalcanti