Old 03-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Christoph Höger

Default Perl, Imap and Kerberos

Hi all,

I am currently writing an IMAP client script in perl.

Since this script will only be used in one single use case and the IMAP
server supports Kerberos authentication, I thought it would be a good
idea to use Mail::ImapClient together with Authen:SASL

This works well until I want to really something, since the kerberos
protocoll implements some encryption of every message and Authen::SASL
does not support more than authentication.

Any ideas how one would implement the en/decryption using perl?

Mail::ImapClient brings some callbacks for this task, so I'd need a
decent kerberos interface.

regards

Christoph

Old 03-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Christoph Höger

Am Freitag, den 05.03.2010, 19:22 +0100 schrieb Christoph Höger:
> Hi all,
>
> I am currently writing an IMAP client script in perl.
>
> Since this script will only be used in one single use case and the IMAP
> server supports Kerberos authentication, I thought it would be a good
> idea to use Mail::ImapClient together with Authen:SASL
>
> This works well until I want to really something, since the kerberos
> protocoll implements some encryption of every message and Authen::SASL
> does not support more than authentication.
>
> Any ideas how one would implement the en/decryption using perl?
>
> Mail::ImapClient brings some callbacks for this task, so I'd need a
> decent kerberos interface.

Just for the archives: This had nothing to do with kerberos, but GSSAPI
which by default (at least in perls implementation) uses privacy
protection.
This can be turned off by setting the maxssf property to 0 in the GSSAPI
object. (Apparently this privacy protection is not implemented in perl).