Old 03-08-2010, 02:05 PM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

Default Harmless KDE feature upgrades - yeah right

A segfaulty version of KDE filelight seems to have been pushed into
F13, F12 and (astonishingly) F11. Just filing a bug about that one ...

Rich.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Kevin Kofler

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> A segfaulty version of KDE filelight seems to have been pushed into
> F13, F12 and (astonishingly) F11. Just filing a bug about that one ...

Filelight is an application maintained by Neal Becker, not by KDE SIG. This
has absolutely nothing to do with KDE SIG's update policy.

Kevin Kofler

Old 05-15-2010, 08:16 PM
Valent Turkovic

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Friday 05 March 2010 18:37:06 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
>> > As I had expected, breaking up the monolithic
>> > packages into individual packages is a whole lot
>> > of unnecessary work. Better to provide releases
>> > as they occur, than to waste time unnecessarily
>> > breaking down the monolithic packages. To what
>> > end and benefit? Who, nowadays, doesn't have at
>> > least one hard drive of at least 80-100GB, likely
>>
>> You have heard of netbooks, yes? SSD's? I have all of 4 GiB, and not all
>> of that available for packages.
>
> We are planning some splits because we're planning KDE netbook spin. Netbook
> Plasma is new and very interesting piece of software and of course we'd like
> to support even old EEE 701 - I have one next to me ;-) Hopefully it's going
> to be F14 stuff.
>
> Jaroslav

I read on few websites that Fedora 13 should have KDE Netbook Plasma
but I can't see any package in current Fedora 13 repositories. How do
I turn on KDE Netbook Plasma for Fedora 13?

Cheers!

Old 05-15-2010, 11:15 PM
Ryan Rix

On Sat 15 May 2010 1:16:26 pm Valent Turkovic wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik@redhat.com>
wrote:

> >> You have heard of netbooks, yes? SSD's? I have all of 4 GiB, and not
all
> >> of that available for packages.
> >
> > We are planning some splits because we're planning KDE netbook spin.
> > Netbook Plasma is new and very interesting piece of software and of
> > course we'd like to support even old EEE 701 - I have one next to me
;-)
> > Hopefully it's going to be F14 stuff.
> >
> > Jaroslav
>
> I read on few websites that Fedora 13 should have KDE Netbook Plasma
> but I can't see any package in current Fedora 13 repositories. How do
> I turn on KDE Netbook Plasma for Fedora 13?
>
> Cheers!

The same way you do it for any distro... System Settings->Appearance-
>Workspace, set Workspace Type to Netbook. There aren't any packages to
install outside of the default kde packages (kdebase-workspace for the
minimum, or @kde-desktop for the full kde packageset.)

Note that for Fedora 14, we're targeting the creation of a KDE netbook
spin which will automate all of this...

But this isn't really related to the Development of Fedora at all...

Ryan

--
Ryan Rix

Old 05-16-2010, 07:58 AM
Valent Turkovic

Thank you for your reply. I'm looking forward to Netbook Respin.

Everybody writes how great KDE Netbook Plasma and doing reviews but
not in single one nobody mentioned how to turn it on

Is it possible to have this choice during login GDM/KDM screen? So
that some users can login into regular KDE and some into Netbook
version?

> The same way you do it for any distro... System Settings->Appearance-
>>Workspace, set Workspace Type to Netbook. There aren't any packages to
> install outside of the default kde packages (kdebase-workspace for the
> minimum, or @kde-desktop for the full kde packageset.)
>
> Note that for Fedora 14, we're targeting the creation of a KDE netbook
> spin which will automate all of this...
>
> But this isn't really related to the Development of Fedora at all...
>
> Ryan
>
> --
> Ryan Rix
> == http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com | http://rix.si/ ==

pratite me na twitteru - www.twitter.com/valentt
blog: http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com
linux, anime, spirituality, windsurf, wireless, ronjenje, pametne kuće, zwave
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic, MSN: valent.turkovic@hotmail.com

Old 05-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Rahul Sundaram

On 05/16/2010 01:28 PM, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Thank you for your reply. I'm looking forward to Netbook Respin.
>
> Everybody writes how great KDE Netbook Plasma and doing reviews but
> not in single one nobody mentioned how to turn it on
>
> Is it possible to have this choice during login GDM/KDM screen? So
> that some users can login into regular KDE and some into Netbook
> version?

You are again posting your questions to multiple lists. Please stick to
one. In this case, Fedora KDE or users list would be the appropriate
forum.

Rahul