Old 03-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Till Maas

Default Provide more testing feedback (was: Refining the update queues/process)

On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 10:21:37PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> With defaults (no command-line args), it here prompted me to enter
> the FAS password for "localhost". I had to use --fas-username=...

These are the two commands that are used to get the username, what do
they return for you?

python -c "import fedora_cert; print fedora_cert.read_user_cert()"
python -c "import os; print os.getlogin()"

But it seems that os.getlogin() is too smart for this purposes, e.g. for me it always uses
the username that started X, even if I "su -" or "sudo -i" into another
account.

Regards
Till

Old 03-05-2010, 10:03 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 23:00:12 +0100, Till wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 10:21:37PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>
> > With defaults (no command-line args), it here prompted me to enter
> > the FAS password for "localhost". I had to use --fas-username=...
>
> These are the two commands that are used to get the username, what do
> they return for you?
>
> python -c "import fedora_cert; print fedora_cert.read_user_cert()"

Hah! This is an old Rawhide account with ~/.fedora*.cert files from
Nov 2007, which I used to evaluate a local koji instance.

Old 03-06-2010, 03:42 AM
Tony Nelson

On 10-03-05 17:00:12, Till Maas wrote:
> But it seems that os.getlogin() is too smart for this purposes, e.g.
> for me it always uses the username that started X, even if I "su -"
> or "sudo -i" into another account.

The Python docs[1] suggest using the environment variable LOGNAME.

[1] <http://docs.python.org/library/os.html#os.getlogin>

Old 03-06-2010, 07:43 AM
Till Maas

On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 11:42:28PM -0500, Tony Nelson wrote:
> On 10-03-05 17:00:12, Till Maas wrote:
> > But it seems that os.getlogin() is too smart for this purposes, e.g.
> > for me it always uses the username that started X, even if I "su -"
> > or "sudo -i" into another account.
>
> The Python docs[1] suggest using the environment variable LOGNAME.
>
> [1] <http://docs.python.org/library/os.html#os.getlogin>

Thank you, it has been changed.

Regards
Till

Old 03-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 05:32:11PM +0100, Till Maas wrote:
> can be packaged. Another obvious TODO is to get bodhi_update_str()
> included in the bodhi client in fedora-python.

I'll be happy to take that patch.

Looking like I'll be pushing out an updated python-fedora next week.
Depending on the timing of the packagedb update, I may push out another
python-fedora soon afterwards or hold off on the python-fedora update until
I can push it alongside the new pkgdb.

-Toshio