Old 03-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Kevin Kofler

Default tor dependency insanity.

Enrico Scholz wrote:
> please do not blame me for redhat-lsb packaging...

You're not being blamed for the redhat-lsb packaging but for requiring
redhat-lsb in the first place. That package is not supposed to be required
by Fedora packages.

Kevin Kofler

Old 03-03-2010, 03:02 PM
"Chen Lei"

Also tsocks now are in the repo of fedora, so maybe you can include the┬*tor stuffs related to tsocks.
Another question is why you use tor-lsb instead of normal initscript ,┬* a tor-sysvinit subpackage may be more suitable for fedora.

ňťĘ2010-03-03┬*18:27:47´╝î"Enrico┬*Scholz"┬*<enrico.scholz@in formatik.tu-chemnitz.de>┬*ňćÖÚüô´╝Ü

Old 03-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Kevin Kofler

Chen Lei wrote:
> Another question is why you use tor-lsb instead of normal initscript , a
> tor-sysvinit subpackage may be more suitable for fedora.

Right, but actually tor should simply include the normal SysV-style
initscripts (with initscripts dependencies, not lsb-core ones) inside the
package itself. We have a packaging guideline for initscripts:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Initscripts
"Currently, only SystemV-style initscripts are supported in Fedora."
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:SysVInitScript
This guideline MUST be followed.

Kevin Kofler

Old 03-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Adam Williamson

On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 19:05 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> This guideline MUST be followed.

ah, the joys of the oxymoron!
--
Adam Williamson