Old 03-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Iain Arnell

Default perl-Nmap-Parser license changed from GPLv2+ to MIT

Whilst cleaning up some recently adopted orphans, I discovered that
perl-Nmap-Parser has been tagged with the wrong license since August
2008. Upstream changed the license from GPLv2+ to MIT sometime back in
2007 and I've just corrected it in rawhide (and will do on all
branches too in the near future). Presumably this isn't a problem for
anyone since it's less restrictive now.

--
Iain.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Paul Wouters

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010, Iain Arnell wrote:

> Whilst cleaning up some recently adopted orphans, I discovered that
> perl-Nmap-Parser has been tagged with the wrong license since August
> 2008. Upstream changed the license from GPLv2+ to MIT sometime back in
> 2007 and I've just corrected it in rawhide (and will do on all
> branches too in the near future). Presumably this isn't a problem for
> anyone since it's less restrictive now.

Assuming the author asked all their contributors permission as well, if
there were any.

Paul

Old 03-01-2010, 03:50 PM
"Tom "spot" Callaway"

On 03/01/2010 11:48 AM, Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Mar 2010, Iain Arnell wrote:
>
>> Whilst cleaning up some recently adopted orphans, I discovered that
>> perl-Nmap-Parser has been tagged with the wrong license since August
>> 2008. Upstream changed the license from GPLv2+ to MIT sometime back in
>> 2007 and I've just corrected it in rawhide (and will do on all
>> branches too in the near future). Presumably this isn't a problem for
>> anyone since it's less restrictive now.
>
> Assuming the author asked all their contributors permission as well, if
> there were any.

As a general rule, we assume upstream relicensing actions are done
appropriately unless there is obvious evidence to the contrary.

~spot