FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-27-2010, 04:26 PM
Michał Piotrowski
 
Default Why online recovery in pgpool is disabled?

Hi,

Is there any particular reason why online recovery is disabled in F11 pgpool-II?

Online recovery is a very important feature (fundamental, must have)
and I have to build pgpool-II just to enable it. Can't it be enabled
in spec?

Regards,
Michal
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 02-27-2010, 07:34 PM
Toshio Kuratomi
 
Default Why online recovery in pgpool is disabled?

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 06:26:53PM +0100, Michał Piotrowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any particular reason why online recovery is disabled in F11 pgpool-II?
>
> Online recovery is a very important feature (fundamental, must have)
> and I have to build pgpool-II just to enable it. Can't it be enabled
> in spec?
>
Could you please file a bug at bugzilla.redhat.com to make sure trhe
maintainer sees the request?

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora&version=rawhide&compo nent=postgresql-pgpool-II

-Toshio
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 02-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Michał Piotrowski
 
Default Why online recovery in pgpool is disabled?

2010/2/27 Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@gmail.com>:
> Could you please file a bug at bugzilla.redhat.com to make sure trhe
> maintainer sees the request?

Done
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=569058
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 02-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Michał Piotrowski
 
Default Why online recovery in pgpool is disabled?

W dniu 27 lutego 2010 21:51 użytkownik Michał Piotrowski
<mkkp4x4@gmail.com> napisał:
> 2010/2/27 Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@gmail.com>:
>> Could you please file a bug at bugzilla.redhat.com to make sure trhe
>> maintainer sees the request?
>
> Done
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=569058
>

BTW. I've got one i686 which needs pgpool-recovery.so. When I try to
build package on x86_64 I get this

rpmbuild -bb --clean --target i686 rpmbuild/SPECS/postgresql-pgpo

ol-II.spec
Budowanie dla platform: i686
Budowanie dla i686
Wykonywanie(%prep): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.cPPG89
+ umask 022
+ cd /root/rpmbuild/BUILD
+ cd /root/rpmbuild/BUILD
+ rm -rf pgpool-II-2.3.1
+ /usr/bin/gzip -dc /root/rpmbuild/SOURCES/pgpool-II-2.3.1.tar.gz
+ /bin/tar -xf -
+ STATUS=0
+ '[' 0 -ne 0 ']'
+ cd pgpool-II-2.3.1
+ /bin/chmod -Rf a+rX,u+w,g-w,o-w .
+ echo 'Patch #1 (pgpool.conf.sample.patch):'
Patch #1 (pgpool.conf.sample.patch):
+ /bin/cat /root/rpmbuild/SOURCES/pgpool.conf.sample.patch
+ /usr/bin/patch -s -p0 --fuzz=0
+ exit 0
Wykonywanie(%build): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.b5wI5f
+ umask 022
+ cd /root/rpmbuild/BUILD
+ cd pgpool-II-2.3.1
+ CFLAGS='-O2 -g -march=i686'
+ export CFLAGS
+ CXXFLAGS='-O2 -g -march=i686'
+ export CXXFLAGS
+ FFLAGS='-O2 -g -march=i686'
+ export FFLAGS
+ ./configure --host=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
--build=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu -
-target=i686-redhat-linux
--program-prefix= --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --b

indir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
--datadir=/usr/share --incl
udedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib
--libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=
/var
--sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
--infodir=/usr/share/info

--with-pgsql-includedir=/usr/include/pgsql
--with-pgsql-lib=/usr/lib/pgsql --di
sable-static --with-pam
--disable-rpath --sysconfdir=/etc/pgpool-II/
checking for x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error:
C compiler
cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

config.log doesn't say anything useful

prefix='/usr'
program_transform_name='s,x,x,'
sbindir='/usr/sbin'
sharedstatedir='/var/lib'
sysconfdir='/etc/pgpool-II/'
target_alias='i686-redhat-linux'

## ----------- ##
## confdefs.h. ##
## ----------- ##

#define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
#define PACKAGE_NAME ""
#define PACKAGE_STRING ""
#define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
#define PACKAGE_VERSION ""

configure: exit 77

Build for x86_64 went fine.

Any hints?

Regards,
Michal
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 02-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Thomas Spura
 
Default Why online recovery in pgpool is disabled?

Am Samstag, den 27.02.2010, 22:00 +0100 schrieb Michał Piotrowski:
> W dniu 27 lutego 2010 21:51 użytkownik Michał Piotrowski
> <mkkp4x4@gmail.com> napisał:
> > 2010/2/27 Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@gmail.com>:
> >> Could you please file a bug at bugzilla.redhat.com to make sure trhe
> >> maintainer sees the request?
> >
> > Done
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=569058
> >
>
> BTW. I've got one i686 which needs pgpool-recovery.so. When I try to
> build package on x86_64 I get this
>
> rpmbuild -bb --clean --target i686 rpmbuild/SPECS/postgresql-pgpo

[snip]

> Any hints?

Try "rpmbuild -bs ..." and use mock after that:
"mock -r fedora-rawhide-i386 foo.src.rpm"

I just tried that with another package, and that didn't work with
rpmbuild, but worked now with mock. (You could also install all i686
dependencies manually, but mock does that job for you.)

Thomas

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 03-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Michał Piotrowski
 
Default Why online recovery in pgpool is disabled?

2010/2/28 Thomas Spura <spurath@students.uni-mainz.de>:
> Am Samstag, den 27.02.2010, 22:00 +0100 schrieb Michał Piotrowski:
>> W dniu 27 lutego 2010 21:51 użytkownik Michał Piotrowski
>> <mkkp4x4@gmail.com> napisał:
>> > 2010/2/27 Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@gmail.com>:
>> >> Could you please file a bug at bugzilla.redhat.com to make sure trhe
>> >> maintainer sees the request?
>> >
>> > Done
>> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=569058
>> >
>>
>> BTW. I've got one i686 which needs pgpool-recovery.so. When I try to
>> build package on x86_64 I get this
>>
>> rpmbuild -bb --clean --target i686 rpmbuild/SPECS/postgresql-pgpo
>
> [snip]
>
>> Any hints?
>
> Try "rpmbuild -bs ..." and use mock after that:
> "mock -r fedora-rawhide-i386 foo.src.rpm"
>
> I just tried that with another package, and that didn't work with
> rpmbuild, but worked now with mock. (You could also install all i686
> dependencies manually, but mock does that job for you.)
>

Thanks for the answer!

> * * * *Thomas

Regards,
Michal
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:00 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org