Old 02-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Thomas Spura

Default creating file in koji allowed?

Hi list,

I never saw this anywhere before, so I'd like to ask here first, before
doing so

Is it allowed to create a file ~/.mpd.conf, when building in koji and
deleting afterwards?

I need to write down a password into that file, for running a testsuite.
If that file does not exist, I can't run mpich2 tests.

Here is the snipped, I intend to use:
"""
%{_mpich2_load}

# create ~/.mpd.conf, if it does not yet exist
if [ -e ~/.mpd.conf ]; then
# working locally, don't delete ~/.mpd.conf
DONT_DEL="TRUE"
else
DONT_DEL="FALSE"
echo MPD_SECRETWORD=$(pwgen -s 50 1) > ~/.mpd.conf
chmod 600 ~/.mpd.conf
fi

mpd --daemon
PYTHONPATH=%{buildroot}%{python3_sitearch}/mpich2
python3 test/runalltest.py
mpdallexit

# delte ~/.mpd.conf again
if [ $DONT_DEL = "FALSE" ]; then
rm ~/.mpd.conf
fi

%{_mpich2_unload}
"""

This prefectly works with my local rpmbuild and local mock and there
won't probably be an issue with that, but is this 'the safe way' to do?
(This also use my local ~/.mpd.conf and does not owerwrite it or deletes
it afterwards.)

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

Old 02-25-2010, 09:01 PM
Thomas Spura

Am Donnerstag, den 25.02.2010, 22:30 +0100 schrieb Thomas Spura:
> Is it allowed to create a file ~/.mpd.conf, when building in koji and
> deleting afterwards?

There also is a safer way...

"""
echo MPD_SECRETWORD=$(pwgen -s 50 1) > mpd.conf
chmod 600 mpd.conf
export MPD_CONF_FILE=mpd.conf

<run tests here>

rm mpd.conf
unset MPD_CONF_FILE
"""

I'll use that now. But would be still interesting, if the other
possibility would be allowed...

Thomas

Old 02-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Till Maas

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 11:01:28PM +0100, Thomas Spura wrote:

> I'll use that now. But would be still interesting, if the other
> possibility would be allowed...

It is not allowed:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Scriplets_are_only_allowed_to_write_in_ certain_directories

Regards
Till

Old 02-25-2010, 10:58 PM
"Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski"

On Thursday, 25 February 2010 at 22:29, Thomas Spura wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I never saw this anywhere before, so I'd like to ask here first, before
> doing so
>
> Is it allowed to create a file ~/.mpd.conf, when building in koji and
> deleting afterwards?
>
> I need to write down a password into that file, for running a testsuite.
> If that file does not exist, I can't run mpich2 tests.

Nice. Could you document this on the wiki somewhere? This could be useful
for folks who want to run some testsuites which use mpich2. Could you
prepare something similar (i.e. MPI environment setup) for openmpi?
For example, currently I have the testsuite in freefem++ disabled,
but I'd prefer to keep it enabled if I can.

Regards,
R.

"Faith manages."

Old 02-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Ralf Ertzinger

Hi.

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:29:21 +0100, Thomas Spura wrote:

> Here is the snipped, I intend to use:
> """
> %{_mpich2_load}
>
> # create ~/.mpd.conf, if it does not yet exist
> if [ -e ~/.mpd.conf ]; then
> # working locally, don't delete ~/.mpd.conf
> DONT_DEL="TRUE"
> else
> DONT_DEL="FALSE"

This is totally unrelated to your question, but could you consider not using
double negatives for this variable? It makes the script harder to read, IMHO.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Thomas Spura

Am Freitag, den 26.02.2010, 11:14 +0100 schrieb Ralf Ertzinger:
> Hi.
>
> On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:29:21 +0100, Thomas Spura wrote:
> > Here is the snipped, I intend to use:
> > """
> > %{_mpich2_load}
> >
> > # create ~/.mpd.conf, if it does not yet exist
> > if [ -e ~/.mpd.conf ]; then
> > # working locally, don't delete ~/.mpd.conf
> > DONT_DEL="TRUE"
> > else
> > DONT_DEL="FALSE"
>
> This is totally unrelated to your question, but could you consider not using
> double negatives for this variable? It makes the script harder to read, IMHO.

Well, I could use KEEP and not DONT_DEL maybe, but now I use a different
snippet, because mpich2 allows any file to be the config file, so now I
create it just in the same directory './mpd.conf'.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Thomas Spura

Am Freitag, den 26.02.2010, 00:58 +0100 schrieb Dominik 'Rathann'
Mierzejewski:
> On Thursday, 25 February 2010 at 22:29, Thomas Spura wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I never saw this anywhere before, so I'd like to ask here first, before
> > doing so
> >
> > Is it allowed to create a file ~/.mpd.conf, when building in koji and
> > deleting afterwards?
> >
> > I need to write down a password into that file, for running a testsuite.
> > If that file does not exist, I can't run mpich2 tests.
>
> Nice. Could you document this on the wiki somewhere? This could be useful
> for folks who want to run some testsuites which use mpich2. Could you
> prepare something similar (i.e. MPI environment setup) for openmpi?
> For example, currently I have the testsuite in freefem++ disabled,
> but I'd prefer to keep it enabled if I can.
>
> Regards,
> R.

Sure, I thinkt he best place atm would be MPI packaging guidelines [1].
I'll ping the writer of that and maybe it's added there.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/MPI

Old 02-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Jussi Lehtola

On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 14:07 +0100, Thomas Spura wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 26.02.2010, 00:58 +0100 schrieb Dominik 'Rathann'
> Mierzejewski:
> > On Thursday, 25 February 2010 at 22:29, Thomas Spura wrote:
> > >
> > > I need to write down a password into that file, for running a testsuite.
> > > If that file does not exist, I can't run mpich2 tests.
> >
> > Nice. Could you document this on the wiki somewhere? This could be useful
> > for folks who want to run some testsuites which use mpich2. Could you
> > prepare something similar (i.e. MPI environment setup) for openmpi?
> > For example, currently I have the testsuite in freefem++ disabled,
> > but I'd prefer to keep it enabled if I can.
>
> Sure, I thinkt he best place atm would be MPI packaging guidelines [1].
> I'll ping the writer of that and maybe it's added there.
>
> [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/MPI

Just create a proposal and send it to the FPC for discussion.

If the proposal goes through both in the FPC and FESCo, maybe the MPI
guidelines will finally be moved among the other guidelines; they were
after all approved in August 2009..
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor

Old 03-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Hans Ulrich Niedermann

Thomas Spura <spurath@students.uni-mainz.de> wrote:

> Is it allowed to create a file ~/.mpd.conf, when building in koji and
> deleting afterwards?
>
> I need to write down a password into that file, for running a
> testsuite. If that file does not exist, I can't run mpich2 tests.

How does the technique of just setting HOME like

mkdir mytemphome
cd mytemphome
echo "STUFF" > .mpd.conf
export HOME=$PWD

fail to work for this case? The mpich2 source code suggests this should
work.

In any case, I would consider it very bad practise for package builds
or package tests to write into $HOME/.any.file.

--
Hans Ulrich Niedermann