Old 02-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Zoltan Kota

Default Heads up: bazaar is retired in F13 and devel

Hi,

I have started the retiring process for bazaar in the F13 and devel
branch.
Please update your package if it depends on bazaar!
Thanks!

Zoltan

Old 02-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Adam Miller

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 5:10 AM, Zoltan Kota <z.kota@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have started the retiring process for bazaar in the F13 and devel
> branch.
> Please update your package if it depends on bazaar!
> Thanks!
>
> Zoltan

Just out of curiosity, why is this package being retired?

-AdamM

--
http://maxamillion.googlepages.com

Old 02-19-2010, 02:09 PM
Bill Nottingham

Adam Miller (maxamillion@fedoraproject.org) said:
> > I have started the retiring process for bazaar in the F13 and devel
> > branch.
> > Please update your package if it depends on bazaar!
> > Thanks!
>
> Just out of curiosity, why is this package being retired?

AFAIK, it's been completely replaced by bzr for a few years now.

Bill

Old 02-19-2010, 06:29 PM
Adam Miller

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 9:09 AM, Bill Nottingham <notting@redhat.com> wrote:
> Adam Miller (maxamillion@fedoraproject.org) said:
>> > I have started the retiring process for bazaar in the F13 and devel
>> > branch.
>> > Please update your package if it depends on bazaar!
>> > Thanks!
>>
>> Just out of curiosity, why is this package being retired?
>
> AFAIK, it's been completely replaced by bzr for a few years now.
>
> Bill

Oh ok, I don't actually use bzr/bazaar but when I do a 'yum info' on
both packages, the URL points to the same place (different URLs but
they end up at the same site).

[11:24:54][adam@turnip][revProxy]+ yum info bzr
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, refresh-packagekit
Installed Packages
Name : bzr
Arch : i686
Version : 2.0.3
Release : 1.fc12
Size : 29 M
Repo : installed
>From repo : updates
: friendly, and scalable. It is the successor of Baz-1.x which, in
: turn, was a user-friendly reimplementation of GNU Arch.

[13:27:39][adam@turnip][revProxy]+ yum info bazaar
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, refresh-packagekit
Available Packages
Name : bazaar
Arch : i686
Version : 1.4.2
Release : 13.fc12
Size : 712 k
Repo : fedora
: designed to be more intuitive and user-friendly.
:
: GNU Arch is a revision control system with features that are ideal
: for projects characterised by widely distributed development,
: concurrent support of multiple releases, and substantial amounts of
: development on branches. It can be a replacement for CVS and
: corrects many mis-features of that system.

Sorry for my confusion

-AdamM

--
http://maxamillion.googlepages.com