Old 02-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Dave Jones

Default intent to orphan: oprofileui

I'm going to recommend dropping this package from Fedora entirely.
- Upstream seems to have stopped development on it since intel acquired
its developers (opened-hand)
- The new profiling tools (perf) are in many cases easier to use than
oprofile
- oprofileui had a number of bugs that look like they'll not be fixed
(profiling a 32bit target from a 64bit host it broken for eg)
- the package never really got much interest.
(I never heard a single report of someone using it)

if someone wants to take it over from me, I won't stand in their way,
but I think it's better to just drop it.

Dave