Old 02-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Adam Williamson

Default New packaging policy: privilege escalation policy

This is to announce that the privilege escalation policy which has been
under discussion and revision in the QA and development groups, and in
FESCo, for the last few weeks has been approved at today's FESCo
meeting[1].

The policy can be found here for now:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Privilege_escalation_policy

Please take it into account in future packaging work.

I believe the policy should be referenced in the packaging guidelines:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines

and should be renamed to:

Packaging:Privilege_escalation_policy

However, I do not have the privileges to perform either of these
actions. If someone with the appropriate privileges could do these for
me, it would be appreciated.

[1]
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-02-16/fesco.2010-02-16-20.00.html
--