Old 02-15-2010, 07:04 PM
Adam Williamson

Default packaging arm-none-eabi toolchain for cross-development for ARM "bare metal" (no Linux kernel) systems

On Sun, 2010-02-14 at 01:25 -0800, Eric Smith wrote:
> I've made some progress towards packaging up an arm-none-eabi toolchain
> and newlib for cross-development for ARM platforms that do not run Linux
> (vs. the arm-gp2x-linux toolchain). Is anyone else interested in this?

I've used such a toolchain lately for building the linux-msm kernel -
http://gitorious.org/linux-on-qualcomm-s-msm/linux-msm/ - which is used
for various smartphones. I dunno if arm-gp2x would've worked for that
purpose, but hey. So count me as minimally interested. I can't really
help much, though, I'm at the 'monkey see monkey do' stage - I just used
whatever someone told me would do the job, following their instructions
for how to install / use it.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey