Old 02-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Sergey Rudchenko

Default packaging arm-none-eabi toolchain for cross-development for ARM "bare metal" (no Linux kernel) systems

On 02/14/2010 11:25 AM, Eric Smith wrote:
> I've made some progress towards packaging up an arm-none-eabi toolchain
> and newlib for cross-development for ARM platforms that do not run Linux
> (vs. the arm-gp2x-linux toolchain). Is anyone else interested in this?

I wonder if such toolchain can be adopted for Android NDK applications.
The NDK build system is certainly no the best, I would like to easily
use CMake or autotools.

The Android NDK uses arm-eabi-4.2.1 GCC toolchain.

Don't I get things wrong?

--
Best regards,
Sergey Rudchenko

Old 02-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Eric Smith

Sergey Rudchenko wrote:
> I wonder if such toolchain can be adopted for Android NDK applications.

Possibly. While it isn't my objective, anything that can use binutils
and gcc configured for "arm-none-eabi" should be able to use them.
> The Android NDK uses arm-eabi-4.2.1 GCC toolchain.

I'm using gcc-4.4.3 because I want recent improvements for ARM Cortex-M3
microcontrollers. Unless they've introduced a bug in code generation, I
imagine that 4.4.3 should be fine for compiling stuff for Android.

Eric