Old 02-13-2010, 06:08 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Default Draft of maintainer and sponsor responsibility policies

At the last fesco meeting we talked about the ramifications of allowing
any person in the packager grop to commit to packages and decided that
rather than having more accounts and acls on to manage this, that it was
desirable to change the responsibilities of sponsors and maintainers.

The goal is to stop saying that a sponsor is responsible for cleaning up
after their sponsorees should the sponsoree start making bad commits to
a bunch of packages. Instead, the burden of looking for such bad commits
goes to the package maintainers who choose to open their packages to the
packager group. We want to encourage more sponsors to take on people that are
not yet good packagers but have the potential to grow into good packagers with
a little mentoring.

Updated policy drafts are here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_sponsor_responsibilities%28draft%29
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_maintainer_responsibilities%28draft%29

and will be on the agenda for next weeks FESCo meeting.

-Toshio