Old 02-13-2010, 01:05 AM
Seth Vidal

Default Name that Tree!

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010, Jesse Keating wrote:

> As part of no frozen rawhide, we'll have a new tree on the mirrors,
> pub/fedora/linux/development/13 That's where we'll be putting things
> that are tagged for the release after they get through testing. We
> don't yet have a clever name for this concept yet, and we've just been
> calling it "Pending".
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/No_frozen_rawhide_announce_plan#Tree.2FRepo_Overvi ew
>
> Want to help us come up with a term we could use to reference this tree?
> Email away!

bob

carol

linda

-sv

Old 02-13-2010, 01:18 AM
Hiemanshu Sharma

Old 02-13-2010, 01:24 AM
draco

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 04:45:32PM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
> As part of no frozen rawhide, we'll have a new tree on the mirrors,
> pub/fedora/linux/development/13 That's where we'll be putting things
> that are tagged for the release after they get through testing. We
> don't yet have a clever name for this concept yet, and we've just been
> calling it "Pending".
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/No_frozen_rawhide_announce_plan#Tree.2FRepo_Overvi ew
>
> Want to help us come up with a term we could use to reference this tree?
> Email away!

glue

integration

smithy

smelter

refinery

Old 02-13-2010, 01:48 AM
Braden McDaniel

> As part of no frozen rawhide, we'll have a new tree on the mirrors,
> pub/fedora/linux/development/13 That's where we'll be putting things
> that are tagged for the release after they get through testing. We
> don't yet have a clever name for this concept yet, and we've just been
> calling it "Pending".
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/No_frozen_rawhide_announce_plan#Tree.2FRepo_Overvi ew
>
> Want to help us come up with a term we could use to reference this tree?
> Email away!

rarefied

Vaguely descriptive, rhymes with "rawhide", and there just might be pun
in there somewhere.

--
Braden McDaniel <braden@endoframe.com>

Old 02-13-2010, 01:55 AM
Konstantin Ryabitsev

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 7:45 PM, Jesse Keating <jkeating@redhat.com> wrote:
> As part of no frozen rawhide, we'll have a new tree on the mirrors,
> pub/fedora/linux/development/13 *That's where we'll be putting things
> that are tagged for the release after they get through testing. *We
> don't yet have a clever name for this concept yet, and we've just been
> calling it "Pending".
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/No_frozen_rawhide_announce_plan#Tree.2FRepo_Overvi ew
>
> Want to help us come up with a term we could use to reference this tree?
> Email away!

Diaperrash

Okay, okay, not everyone here has a 1-year-old. Umm... how is:

Bluesteak

--
McGill University IT Security
Konstantin Ryabitsev

Old 02-13-2010, 04:18 AM
Adam Williamson

> As part of no frozen rawhide, we'll have a new tree on the mirrors,
> pub/fedora/linux/development/13 That's where we'll be putting things
> that are tagged for the release after they get through testing. We
> don't yet have a clever name for this concept yet, and we've just been
> calling it "Pending".
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/No_frozen_rawhide_announce_plan#Tree.2FRepo_Overvi ew
>
> Want to help us come up with a term we could use to reference this tree?
> Email away!

Why not just call it 13 now, and 14 next time, and so on? It doesn't
really need to have its own name that's always the same...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Old 02-13-2010, 06:19 AM
Adam Miller

vanguard

Its got a nice "we're leading the way" ring to it

-AdamM

--
http://maxamillion.googlepages.com

Old 02-13-2010, 06:33 AM
Pierre-Yves

On Sat, 2010-02-13 at 07:48 +0530, Hiemanshu Sharma wrote:

> On 02/13/2010 07:17 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 11:39:45 +1000
> > Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com> wrote:

> >> lessfail
> >> icantbelieveitscomposing.
> >
> > worlddominationnow
> > yearofthelinuxdesktop
> > best-release-ever
> >
> > kevin
> >
> lovefist
> notsorawhide
> icantbelieveiamtesting
> gamma
> hereitgoesagain
pinkpony
iwantapony
iwantaponyiwantapony

Pierre

Old 02-13-2010, 07:22 AM
Thorsten Leemhuis

On 13.02.2010 06:18, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-02-12 at 16:45 -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
>> As part of no frozen rawhide, we'll have a new tree on the mirrors,
>> pub/fedora/linux/development/13 That's where we'll be putting things
>> that are tagged for the release after they get through testing. We
>> don't yet have a clever name for this concept yet, and we've just been
>> calling it "Pending".
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/No_frozen_rawhide_announce_plan#Tree.2FRepo_Overvi ew
>>
>> Want to help us come up with a term we could use to reference this tree?
>> Email away!
>
> Why not just call it 13 now, and 14 next time, and so on? It doesn't
> really need to have its own name that's always the same...

In fact I was just about to write something similar, so +1

To bring Ubuntu as an example: They afaik don't have a name for their
next release that is in development currently apart from the codename
and the version number (or if they have one it's not used much afaics),
and it seems to work quite well for them.

Cu
knurd

Old 02-13-2010, 07:37 AM
Haïkel Guémar

Le 13/02/2010 01:45, Jesse Keating a écrit :
> As part of no frozen rawhide, we'll have a new tree on the mirrors,
> pub/fedora/linux/development/13 That's where we'll be putting things
> that are tagged for the release after they get through testing. We
> don't yet have a clever name for this concept yet, and we've just been
> calling it "Pending".
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/No_frozen_rawhide_announce_plan#Tree.2FRepo_Overvi ew
>
> Want to help us come up with a term we could use to reference this tree?
> Email away!

tannery/tanning (to make the finest leather, you should thoroughly tan
the rawhide!)
top-grain (the second highest quality of leather just behind full-grain)
purgatory/hades/sheol/limbo
spankme
harai (cleanse all your package from evil bugs !)