Old 02-12-2010, 03:21 AM
Ralf Corsepius

Default No lzma sdk in fedora?

On 02/12/2010 04:39 AM, Chen Lei wrote:
> Hi all,
> I want to package a sofware using a bundled lzma sdk which fedora doesn't have(http://7-zip.org/sdk.html).
> Since I realized no linux distribution containing lzma sdk yet, is using a bundled library permitted under this condition,?

This seems like a classical case of a missing library to me

=> Generally speaking, you should submit the missing library for
inclusion into the distro first.

Whether adding this "lzma-sdk" to Fedora makes real sense in Fedora is a
different question, because there already is a lzma library in Fedora
(packages lzma and lzma-devel).

Ralf