Old 02-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Ales Kozumplik

Default matchbox window manager

Hi,

I decided to try using matchbox for this:
http://matchbox-project.org/

It's lightweight and we ship with RHEL6.

The patch creates an image and uses matchbox as the window manager when
anaconda starts. The windows are decorated in the same way as they are
with our mini-wm (that is fullscreen, dialogs with no fancy borders and
a blue title bar drawn by GTK).

I tried this with nightly from February 05 and can get as far as 563873
lets me. I tried making a compose too, to see that install.img really
contains what it should.

Ales

Old 02-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Bill Nottingham

Ales Kozumplik (akozumpl@redhat.com) said:
> Hi,
>
> I decided to try using matchbox for this:
> http://matchbox-project.org/
>
> It's lightweight and we ship with RHEL6.

That last fact is a *bug*, not a feature we should start relying on
in anaconda.

Bill

Old 02-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Ales Kozumplik

I decided to try using matchbox for this:
http://matchbox-project.org/

It's lightweight and we ship with RHEL6.

That last fact is a *bug*, not a feature we should start relying on
in anaconda.

Bill

But I have it in F12 too. Are there plans to remove it from future releases?

Ales

Old 02-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Bill Nottingham

Ales Kozumplik (akozumpl@redhat.com) said:
> >>I decided to try using matchbox for this:
> >>http://matchbox-project.org/
> >>
> >>It's lightweight and we ship with RHEL6.
> >
> >That last fact is a *bug*, not a feature we should start relying on
> >in anaconda.
>
> But I have it in F12 too. Are there plans to remove it from future releases?

>From Fedora? No.

Bill

Old 02-12-2010, 06:38 AM
Hans de Goede