-   -   F13 with nvidia card/nouveau driver (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/323456-f13-nvidia-card-nouveau-driver.html)

Mike Chambers 02-09-2010 09:50 PM

F13 with nvidia card/nouveau driver

Anyone with this type setup tried upgrading via yum from F12 to F13 and
got the graphics to work, even as of yesterday? Seems the last few
weeks I can't get it working at all.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best lil town on Earth!"

Adam Williamson 02-09-2010 11:05 PM

On Tue, 2010-02-09 at 16:50 -0600, Mike Chambers wrote:
> Anyone with this type setup tried upgrading via yum from F12 to F13 and
> got the graphics to work, even as of yesterday? Seems the last few
> weeks I can't get it working at all.

Try rolling back to kernel -24, if you can find it. You may have the
same bug I do (Ben broke it between -24 and -25). He's fixed it but
hasn't pushed a new kernel yet.

(alternatively, check if you have 'nomodeset' in your kernel parameters,
and remove it if you do. nouveau only supports KMS now, there's no UMS
support any more).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Bruno Wolff III 02-10-2010 04:54 AM

F13 with nvidia card/nouveau driver

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 16:50:25 -0600,
Mike Chambers <mike@miketc.net> wrote:
> Anyone with this type setup tried upgrading via yum from F12 to F13 and
> got the graphics to work, even as of yesterday? Seems the last few
> weeks I can't get it working at all.

I am getting some real 3d support on my nv28. I did a yum upgrade from F12 to
F13 on that machine about a week ago. I have the -40 kernel. The -27 kernel
(and maybe some others) was also working on that machine. Compared to some
other yum upgrades betwen versions I have done, it went relatively smoothly.
But there was some package cleanup to be dealt with. I think that was when
I noticed the microcode_ctl issue as well. Initially that seemed bad, but
in the end wasn't a big deal.