-   -   A comps OpenOffice.org-devel group ? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/319865-comps-openoffice-org-devel-group.html)

Caolán McNamara 02-03-2010 09:01 AM

A comps OpenOffice.org-devel group ?

As per http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/CompsXml I'm
wondering if a OpenOffice.org-development group makes sense for Comps ?

I see that openoffice.org-testtools and openoffice.org-pyuno are listed
at the moment in comps under Office/Productivity. Both of those are
targeted at development for or with OOo and so best listed elsewhere.
Other related packages, currently unlisted, such as the sdk, the rhino
and beanshell scripting integration packages and so on could be lumped
in there then.

C.

Bill Nottingham 02-03-2010 02:45 PM

Caolán McNamara (caolanm@redhat.com) said:
> As per http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/CompsXml I'm
> wondering if a OpenOffice.org-development group makes sense for Comps ?
>
> I see that openoffice.org-testtools and openoffice.org-pyuno are listed
> at the moment in comps under Office/Productivity. Both of those are
> targeted at development for or with OOo and so best listed elsewhere.
> Other related packages, currently unlisted, such as the sdk, the rhino
> and beanshell scripting integration packages and so on could be lumped
> in there then.

We don't really have app-specific development groups at the moment - heck,
we don't have python or perl development groups. So maybe it's best to
just drop them from the office group, or list them in the general devel groups.

Bill

Iain Arnell 02-03-2010 04:05 PM

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Bill Nottingham <notting@redhat.com> wrote:

> We don't really have app-specific development groups at the moment - heck,
> we don't have python or perl development groups.

We certainly have Perl Development in comps already.

--
Iain.