Old 02-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Leigh Scott

Default Two FAS accounts for the same person - permitted?

I would refuse to allow two accounts.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Mike McGrath

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> About three weeks ago, I've run into multiple package review requests
> being marked FE_NEEDSPONSOR by a person who is a sponsored already
> with a different email address [at Red Hat]:
>
> http://bugzilla.redhat.com/554234#c6
>
> Sometimes FE_NEEDSPONSOR is set by mistake, because submitters
> misunderstand the purpose of that extra tracking and think packages
> need a sponsor. I've removed the tracking links from the review tickets
> and have asked for clarification.
>
> According to yesterday's reply, the person really wants to create a second
> account. Whatever the full plan may be, so far it only creates confusion.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem#Account_Termination

Specifically: "Individuals using multiple accounts without prior written
approval will have all but one account terminated. "

-Mike

Old 02-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Rex Dieter

Michael Schwendt wrote:

> According to yesterday's reply, the person really wants to create a second
> account.

In general, my recollection is that is not permitted. I suppose there may
be special circumstances where it may be permissible.

-- Rex

Old 02-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Juha Tuomala

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Specifically: "Individuals using multiple accounts without prior written
> approval will have all but one account terminated. "

And what does that matter when everyone can create enough nick
names and free email addresses to join Fedora?

In security point of view, that rule is a joke.

Tuju

--
Ajatteleva ihminen tarvitsee unta.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Mike McGrath

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Juha Tuomala wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Mike McGrath wrote:
> > Specifically: "Individuals using multiple accounts without prior written
> > approval will have all but one account terminated. "
>
> And what does that matter when everyone can create enough nick
> names and free email addresses to join Fedora?
>
> In security point of view, that rule is a joke.

It's not automatically enforcable that's true but we catch you doing it
(and we have) and we'll do something about it. Turns out the honor system
wasn't enough to keep people honorable so we had to make a rule.

-Mike

Old 02-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Juha Tuomala

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Mike McGrath wrote:
> but we catch you doing it (and we have) and we'll do something about it.

Just for curiosity, what? Prevent doing it again? How?

Like said, it's a joke.

Tuju

--
Ajatteleva ihminen tarvitsee unta.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Till Maas

On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 09:01:25AM -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:

> It's not automatically enforcable that's true but we catch you doing it
> (and we have) and we'll do something about it. Turns out the honor system
> wasn't enough to keep people honorable so we had to make a rule.

IIRC this change was not announced, was it?

Regards
Till

Old 02-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Mike McGrath

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Till Maas wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 09:01:25AM -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
>
> > It's not automatically enforcable that's true but we catch you doing it
> > (and we have) and we'll do something about it. Turns out the honor system
> > wasn't enough to keep people honorable so we had to make a rule.
>
> IIRC this change was not announced, was it?

It's been in place for years so I don't know if it was announced or not.
Consider it announced.

-Mike

Old 02-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Mike McGrath

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Juha Tuomala wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Mike McGrath wrote:
> > but we catch you doing it (and we have) and we'll do something about it.
>
> Just for curiosity, what? Prevent doing it again? How?
>
> Like said, it's a joke.

We'd keep banning you and if you kept abusing the system I'd go the board
explaining what was going on and eventually we'd ban you. If some jerk
wanted to keep finding ways around the system and get re-sponsored in the
packager group (a tricky thing to do) then they can spend their time doing
that but we're not going to make it easy for people to route round our
systems and procedures. I assure you, it's not a joke just because it's
not automatically detectable.

-Mike

Old 02-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Seth Vidal

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Mike McGrath wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Juha Tuomala wrote:
>

>> On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Mike McGrath wrote:
>>> but we catch you doing it (and we have) and we'll do something about it.
>>
>> Just for curiosity, what? Prevent doing it again? How?
>>
>> Like said, it's a joke.
>>

> We'd keep banning you and if you kept abusing the system I'd go the board
> explaining what was going on and eventually we'd ban you. If some jerk
> wanted to keep finding ways around the system and get re-sponsored in the
> packager group (a tricky thing to do) then they can spend their time doing
> that but we're not going to make it easy for people to route round our
> systems and procedures. I assure you, it's not a joke just because it's
> not automatically detectable.

And I'd suspect that intentionally entering into an agreement with
knowingly false information is a kind of Fraud in just about every
country.

-sv