Old 02-02-2010, 02:26 PM
"Nicolas Mailhot"

Default Would you use a programming language with missing features?

Le Mar 2 février 2010 15:16, Muayyad AlSadi a écrit :

> Python TkInter and tcl/tk is an example of big sad show case for linux
> because in windows TkInter or tcl/tk supports Arabic perfectly
>
> that's because the developers of freetype in Linux dropped opentype
> support and moved that to the unfinished harfbazz

harfbuzz is just one component needed to render complex scripts & opentype.
Toolkits should use an upper layer like pango or pango-cairo instead of using
harfbuzz directly.

And pango has been available for a long time (and is hiding the harfbuzz
changes) so toolkit authors should not hide behind harfbuzz creation. Harfbuzz
is just a re-factorization of what's been in pango & qt all along.

--
Nicolas Mailhot

Old 02-05-2010, 05:12 AM
Adam Williamson

On Sun, 2010-01-31 at 01:34 +0100, Milos Jakubicek wrote:

> choose which threads they will follow. They definitely don't read
> threads with such a provocative subject (I'd just mark it as read

In addition, starting a new thread with a provocative topic just because
you didn't like the ending of the last thread - with no link at all to
the previous discussion, and presenting the topic in terms apparently
designed to confuse those not familiar with the issue - is an act in
terribly bad faith.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Old 02-05-2010, 05:13 AM
Adam Williamson

> On Sun, 2010-01-31 at 01:34 +0100, Milos Jakubicek wrote:
>
> > choose which threads they will follow. They definitely don't read
> > threads with such a provocative subject (I'd just mark it as read
>
> In addition, starting a new thread with a provocative topic just because
> you didn't like the ending of the last thread - with no link at all to
> the previous discussion, and presenting the topic in terms apparently
> designed to confuse those not familiar with the issue - is an act in
> terribly bad faith.

sorry, I'm an idiot, and working too late. of course you linked to the
disregard. sorry again.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey