Old 01-27-2010, 07:00 PM
John Poelstra

Default Fedora 13 Milestone Reached: Feature and Spin Submission Deadlines

A friendly reminder that yesterday, January 26, 2010, we reached the
Feature and Spin submission deadline. Any new features or spins
submitted after yesterday will be targeted for Fedora 14.

A summary of the Fedora 13 milestones and exception process is here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Important_Release_Milestones

The next significant schedule milestone is Feature Freeze on February 9,
2010. At Feature Freeze it is expected that all features are
*significantly* "feature complete" and ready for testing.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Feature_Freeze_Policy.

Features which are not significantly feature complete at Feature Freeze
will be reviewed on an exception basis by FESCo or deferred to Fedora 14.

Thank you,
John

p.s. If you have questions about our release processes or milestones
please reply to this email or contact me directly and I will be glad to
assist.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Matthias Clasen

On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 12:00 -0800, John Poelstra wrote:
> A friendly reminder that yesterday, January 26, 2010, we reached the
> Feature and Spin submission deadline. Any new features or spins
> submitted after yesterday will be targeted for Fedora 14.
>
> A summary of the Fedora 13 milestones and exception process is here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Important_Release_Milestones
>
> The next significant schedule milestone is Feature Freeze on February 9,
> 2010. At Feature Freeze it is expected that all features are
> *significantly* "feature complete" and ready for testing.
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Feature_Freeze_Policy.
>
> Features which are not significantly feature complete at Feature Freeze
> will be reviewed on an exception basis by FESCo or deferred to Fedora 14.

There is at least one feature which missed this deadline by a day or so,
simply because nobody noticed that it was still sitting on the
FeaturePageIncomplete category:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NetworkManagerCmdline

Can we still have that considered for F13, please ?
The code is in rawhide already...

Old 01-29-2010, 12:53 AM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 12:50:31PM -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 12:00 -0800, John Poelstra wrote:
> > A friendly reminder that yesterday, January 26, 2010, we reached the
> > Feature and Spin submission deadline. Any new features or spins
> > submitted after yesterday will be targeted for Fedora 14.
> >
> > A summary of the Fedora 13 milestones and exception process is here:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Important_Release_Milestones
> >
> > The next significant schedule milestone is Feature Freeze on February 9,
> > 2010. At Feature Freeze it is expected that all features are
> > *significantly* "feature complete" and ready for testing.
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Feature_Freeze_Policy.
> >
> > Features which are not significantly feature complete at Feature Freeze
> > will be reviewed on an exception basis by FESCo or deferred to Fedora 14.
> >

> There is at least one feature which missed this deadline by a day or so,
> simply because nobody noticed that it was still sitting on the
> FeaturePageIncomplete category:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NetworkManagerCmdline
>
> Can we still have that considered for F13, please ?
> The code is in rawhide already...

Yes, you can file a ticket with FESCo requesting an exception.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy/Exceptions

Old 01-29-2010, 03:58 AM
John Poelstra

Paul W. Frields said the following on 01/28/2010 05:53 PM Pacific Time:
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 12:50:31PM -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>> On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 12:00 -0800, John Poelstra wrote:
>>> A friendly reminder that yesterday, January 26, 2010, we reached the
>>> Feature and Spin submission deadline. Any new features or spins
>>> submitted after yesterday will be targeted for Fedora 14.
>>>
>>> A summary of the Fedora 13 milestones and exception process is here:
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Important_Release_Milestones
>>>
>>> The next significant schedule milestone is Feature Freeze on February 9,
>>> 2010. At Feature Freeze it is expected that all features are
>>> *significantly* "feature complete" and ready for testing.
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Feature_Freeze_Policy.
>>>
>>> Features which are not significantly feature complete at Feature Freeze
>>> will be reviewed on an exception basis by FESCo or deferred to Fedora 14.
>>>

>> There is at least one feature which missed this deadline by a day or so,
>> simply because nobody noticed that it was still sitting on the
>> FeaturePageIncomplete category:
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NetworkManagerCmdline
>>
>> Can we still have that considered for F13, please ?
>> The code is in rawhide already...
>
> Yes, you can file a ticket with FESCo requesting an exception.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy/Exceptions

I just did it for you in the form of an email to FESCo

John

Old 01-31-2010, 08:38 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 22:32:57 +0100,
Gianluca Sforna <giallu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 9:00 PM, John Poelstra <poelstra@redhat.com> wrote:
> > A friendly reminder that yesterday, January 26, 2010, we reached the
> > Feature and Spin submission deadline.
>
> Where is the list of accepted spins?
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/13/Spins
> says it's a placeholder, still

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Spins_Fedora_13

Some of those are kickstart only and won't have prebuilt isos for download.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Kevin Kofler

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Spins_Fedora_13
>
> Some of those are kickstart only and won't have prebuilt isos for
> download.

In addition to these spins, there are also the 2 permanent live spins (GNOME
and KDE) and the non-live installers (DVD, CD set, netinstall).

Kevin Kofler