-   -   F12 to Rawhide upgrade (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/314960-f12-rawhide-upgrade.html)

Mike Chambers 01-25-2010 09:24 PM

F12 to Rawhide upgrade

Over the weekend I tried this via yum and the upgrade/install part went
fine. But once I rebooted, the gui wouldn't work. Meaning, at the
gdm/login screen, it was garbled. I downgraded xorg-x11-server-comment
(was 1 or 2 packages total) to the F12 (may have been upgrade/test one)
version, and that got me the login screen (although it didn't show my
username, just "other). But once at the login screen, my mouse/keyboard
(wireless desktop) wouldn't work at all. I then aborted and reinstalled
F12. Nouveau chipset/card for video.

Not big priority to run it, but just wanted to report what I initially
ran into.

Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best lil town on Earth!"

Leigh Scott 01-25-2010 09:32 PM

F12 to Rawhide upgrade

I had the same issue, it's due to the F12 xorg-x11-drv-nouveau version
being higher than the rawhide version.

Mike Chambers 01-25-2010 09:43 PM

F12 to Rawhide upgrade

On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 22:32 +0000, Leigh Scott wrote:
> I had the same issue, it's due to the F12 xorg-x11-drv-nouveau version
> being higher than the rawhide version.

Soo, if one was to do the process again, cept use the F12 version
instead (the nouveau driver) (xorg too?), it would work fine (including
keyboard/mouse)?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best lil town on Earth!"

Leigh Scott 01-25-2010 09:50 PM

F12 to Rawhide upgrade

You need to manually fetch the f13 package from koji and install it
using 'rpm -Uvh --oldpackage '

I'm having no issues with keyboard/mouse

Mike Chambers 01-25-2010 09:55 PM

F12 to Rawhide upgrade

On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 22:50 +0000, Leigh Scott wrote:
> You need to manually fetch the f13 package from koji and install it
> using 'rpm -Uvh --oldpackage '
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=152224
>
> I'm having no issues with keyboard/mouse

So get that F13 version and install it *before* I do the upgrade?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best lil town on Earth!"

Leigh Scott 01-25-2010 10:00 PM

F12 to Rawhide upgrade

I suppose you could install it just before upgrading ( you might need
--nodeps ) , doing so would break X so avoid rebooting before the
upgrade.

Leigh Scott 01-25-2010 10:03 PM

F12 to Rawhide upgrade

Better still, if using yum to upgrade, install it after it's completed
(before reboot)