Old 01-07-2008, 10:17 PM
Jakub Jelinek

Default Non-standard C-headers in glib2 (gtestutils.h)

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 12:09:47AM +0100, Pawel Salek wrote:
> I could not help noticing gtestutils.h from glib2-2.15.0-4 is not a
> standard C header file: it contains C++-style // comments. This breaks
> building my package (balsa). Should I work around this problem or a
> more up to date glib2 release is planned? I see the problem with the
> header has been fixed in glib2 on 2007-12-21.

Just small correction, // comments are standard ISO C99, just not
ISO C89 (and even there accepted as GNU extension in (the default)
-std=gnu89 mode).

Jakub

Old 01-07-2008, 10:27 PM
Matthias Clasen

On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 00:09 +0100, Pawel Salek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I could not help noticing gtestutils.h from glib2-2.15.0-4 is not a
> standard C header file: it contains C++-style // comments. This breaks
> building my package (balsa). Should I work around this problem or a
> more up to date glib2 release is planned? I see the problem with the
> header has been fixed in glib2 on 2007-12-21.

No need to go all the way to C++, it is C99...
As you notice, it has already been fixed, and 2.15.1 should appear in
rawhide tomorrow (I am waiting for a new gvfs release to avoid breaking
the desktop unnecessarily)