Old 01-25-2010, 02:10 PM
"Paul F. Johnson"

Default Unable to start X

Hi,

I'm using the nvidia 7600 video card with the neuveau driver (not using the
commerical driver, just the fedora shipped one). I did a rawhide update on
Saturday and it looks like something there has borked my system. I had a power
outage last night and had to reboot. It doesn't matter which version of the
kernel I try to load, but when I try to boot X I'm told that the kernel has
claimed a driver and the server won't start until the kernel has unclaimed it.

I've tried passing nomodeset and vesa in the boot line, but no good. If I boot
to runlevel 3, I can get a command line login, so the system is up and
working, but issuing startx gives me the error about the claimed module.

Any ideas on how to get my desktop to boot or do I need to downgrade the
xorg-x11-drv-neuvaux (or however it's spelt!)?

TTFN

Paul

--
It's only me, only me and no-one else.