Old 01-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Peter Lemenkov

Default Orphaning xerces-c

Hello All!
I'm no longer using Xerces-C, so I believe, I can't maintain it
anymore. Feel free to pick it up. Any volunteers?

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Lubomir Rintel

On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 16:15 +0300, Peter Lemenkov wrote:
> Hello All!
> I'm no longer using Xerces-C, so I believe, I can't maintain it
> anymore. Feel free to pick it up. Any volunteers?

I use it with VirtualBox-OSE (thanks to Xavier for pointing me here). I
won't mind picking the package up.

--
Flash is the Web2.0 version of blink and animated gifs.
-- Stephen Smoogen

Old 01-25-2010, 12:54 PM
Peter Lemenkov

Hello!

2010/1/25 Lubomir Rintel <lkundrak@v3.sk>:
> On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 16:15 +0300, Peter Lemenkov wrote:
>> Hello All!
>> I'm no longer using Xerces-C, so I believe, I can't maintain it
>> anymore. Feel free to pick it up. Any volunteers?
>
> I use it with VirtualBox-OSE (thanks to Xavier for pointing me here). I
> won't mind picking the package up.

Great.
Unfortunately, I've got difficulties while releasing ownership (
https://fedorahosted.org/packagedb/ticket/173 ).

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Lubomir Rintel

On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 16:54 +0300, Peter Lemenkov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> 2010/1/25 Lubomir Rintel <lkundrak@v3.sk>:
> > On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 16:15 +0300, Peter Lemenkov wrote:
> >> Hello All!
> >> I'm no longer using Xerces-C, so I believe, I can't maintain it
> >> anymore. Feel free to pick it up. Any volunteers?
> >
> > I use it with VirtualBox-OSE (thanks to Xavier for pointing me here). I
> > won't mind picking the package up.
>
> Great.
> Unfortunately, I've got difficulties while releasing ownership (
> https://fedorahosted.org/packagedb/ticket/173 ).

I've seen that once too; I believe it's supposed to be a feature that
reassigns the package to another maintainer when he releases ownership
instead of orphaning, though looks a bit broken.

Looking at the pkgdb page of the package it seems like xavierb is a
maintainer (well, has approveacls powers) as well. Are you sure you want
another maintainer and not just hand the package to xavierb?

Old 01-25-2010, 01:25 PM
Patrice Dumas

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 03:17:05PM +0100, Lubomir Rintel wrote:
> > Unfortunately, I've got difficulties while releasing ownership (
> > https://fedorahosted.org/packagedb/ticket/173 ).
>
> I've seen that once too; I believe it's supposed to be a feature that
> reassigns the package to another maintainer when he releases ownership
> instead of orphaning, though looks a bit broken.

It should never be done automatically.

--
Pat

Old 01-25-2010, 02:40 PM
"Xavier Bachelot"

On 01/25/2010 03:17 PM, Lubomir Rintel wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 16:54 +0300, Peter Lemenkov wrote:
>> Hello!
anymore. Feel free to pick it up. Any volunteers?
>>> I use it with VirtualBox-OSE (thanks to Xavier for pointing me here).
>>> won't mind picking the package up.
>> Great.
>> Unfortunately, I've got difficulties while releasing ownership (
https://fedorahosted.org/packagedb/ticket/173 ).
> I've seen that once too; I believe it's supposed to be a feature that
reassigns the package to another maintainer when he releases ownership
instead of orphaning, though looks a bit broken.
> Looking at the pkgdb page of the package it seems like xavierb is a
maintainer (well, has approveacls powers) as well. Are you sure you want
another maintainer and not just hand the package to xavierb?
My interest is mostly in the EL-4 and EL-5 branches. Actually, I'm mostly
interested in the perl bindings and that needs an older version (2.7.0)
and hence I also own the xerces-c27 compat package.

We discussed this package with Peter and other people off-list and at
least Jonathan Robie was interested in taking the package over.

Regards,
Xavier

Old 01-26-2010, 04:43 AM
Peter Lemenkov

2010/1/25 Lubomir Rintel <lkundrak@v3.sk>:

> On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 16:54 +0300, Peter Lemenkov wrote:
>> Hello!
>> Unfortunately, I've got difficulties while releasing ownership (
>> https://fedorahosted.org/packagedb/ticket/173 ).

> I've seen that once too; I believe it's supposed to be a feature that
> reassigns the package to another maintainer when he releases ownership
> instead of orphaning, though looks a bit broken.

Seems that things are getting even worse. I found the only way to
completely resign from the maintainership of xerces-c - by pressing
the "Retire Package" button. And now the package has "Deprecated"
status and no other buttons are active.

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:05 AM
Kevin Kofler

Peter Lemenkov wrote:
> Seems that things are getting even worse. I found the only way to
> completely resign from the maintainership of xerces-c - by pressing
> the "Retire Package" button. And now the package has "Deprecated"
> status and no other buttons are active.

"Retire package" is for when you want to completely remove a package from
the distribution, it was the "big red button" you were not supposed to hit.
Now only a cvsadmin can fix your mess. But you'd have needed an admin anyway
to reassign ownership directly and thus bypass this "automatically reassign
to the comaintainer" "feature".

Kevin Kofler

Old 01-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Old 01-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Sorry for the empty message I was going to say:

I've changed the pkg owner to jonathanrobie as per the message earlier in
this thread. I was going to look into the bug that's at the root of this
yesterday but too many other projects came up so I didn't get around to it.
Looking at that today.

-Toshio