Old 01-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Matthew Saltzman

Default Condor package?

I understand that there is work going on at Red Hat to package the
Condor high-throughput computing environment
(http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/) for RH Linux--not sure if it's RHEL or
Fedora. Is anyone on this list working on that project?

We're interested in following the progress of that effort, and we might
be able to help out, at least some.

Thanks.
--
Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs

Old 01-07-2008, 08:37 PM
"Tom "spot" Callaway"

On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 16:12 -0500, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> I understand that there is work going on at Red Hat to package the
> Condor high-throughput computing environment
> (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/) for RH Linux--not sure if it's RHEL or
> Fedora. Is anyone on this list working on that project?
>
> We're interested in following the progress of that effort, and we might
> be able to help out, at least some.

I'm very very peripherally related to that effort, and I think that it
is currently RHEL focused. I'll ask them if they've got any plans to do
anything in the Fedora space.

~spot

Old 01-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Matthew Farrellee

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:

I understand that there is work going on at Red Hat to package the
Condor high-throughput computing environment
(http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/) for RH Linux--not sure if it's RHEL or
Fedora. Is anyone on this list working on that project?

We're interested in following the progress of that effort, and we might
be able to help out, at least some.

I'm very very peripherally related to that effort, and I think that it
is currently RHEL focused. I'll ask them if they've got any plans to do
anything in the Fedora space.

~spot

I'm very very related to that effort, and I can tell you that it is
already an add-on to RHEL through Red Hat's MRG product. I also have
plans to (re)submit Condor to Fedora for inclusion. I'm simply waiting
for the next stable release of Condor.

Best,

matt

Old 01-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Matthew Saltzman

On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 16:26 -0600, Matthew Farrellee wrote:
> Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 16:12 -0500, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> >> I understand that there is work going on at Red Hat to package the
> >> Condor high-throughput computing environment
> >> (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/) for RH Linux--not sure if it's RHEL or
> >> Fedora. Is anyone on this list working on that project?
> >>
> >> We're interested in following the progress of that effort, and we might
> >> be able to help out, at least some.
> >
> > I'm very very peripherally related to that effort, and I think that it
> > is currently RHEL focused. I'll ask them if they've got any plans to do
> > anything in the Fedora space.
> >
> > ~spot
> >

> I'm very very related to that effort, and I can tell you that it is
> already an add-on to RHEL through Red Hat's MRG product. I also have
> plans to (re)submit Condor to Fedora for inclusion. I'm simply waiting
> for the next stable release of Condor.

Cool! Thanks for the update.